Chapter 16

After talking everything out. Regina and I were able to have a comfortable night together. We basically just spent the rest of the day holding each other, it was mostly me not wanting to let her go and she seemed content to let me keep my arms around her. We decided to go to bed early because it's been a long day. So now we are laying in bed and I'm holding onto her. I still feel like a jackass for the way I acted, I came so close to losing her I never want to feel that again. Growing up in foster homes you learn not to get to comfortable anywhere. I really didn't have a home until I was adopted by the Nolan's when I was 13, and when this Robin thing happened I felt all alone again like I did when I was a kid. I told all this to Regina when we talked again after we had dinner. She could tell I was a little off and asked me what I was thinking about, so I told her. She's such an amazing woman. She said she could understand why I was feeling the way I was. I want to make it up to her. Waking up the next morning I see she's not in bed with me. I sit up and look around. I hear the shower going. I wonder if she's had breakfast yet. I get out of bed, go to the kitchen and see nothing out of place so I start making her tea and look in the fridge to see what I can make her for breakfast. I see eggs and bacon so I pull those out. I decided to make her dropped eggs on toast and the bacon. Just as I'm finishing up Regina comes walking in. "Emma what are you doing dear?"   "I made you breakfast sweetheart. I hope you can eat it. Your not feeling morning sickness are you ? I should have asked you first". She walks up and kisses me. "Slow down my love. I'm feeling fine today. Thank you, this looks delicious". She sits down and I put the plate and tea in front of her and she digs right in. I grab a plate for myself and join her. "I'm not sure how long I have to be in the office today dear, but hopefully I'll be able to leave early".   "No problem babe. I'll most likely just hang around here , or maybe walk around the center of town, check out a few shops".   "That sounds lovely dear. Maybe we can meet for lunch". I nod. When we finish breakfast, I walk her out to her car where we kiss goodbye and she drives away. I go in and clean up the dishes and put everything away. It's only 9am so I go chill out on the couch and watch some tv. Switching around I find The Maury Povich show. Awesome. Ooh it's a lie detector show. This'll be a good one. Halfway through the show I hear my phone ping. Meaning I have an email. I grab my phone and open the email. It's from The Storybrooke Sheriffs Department. I turn down the tv and read it carefully. They liked my application and resume and would like to set up an interview with me. Wow this is great. I email back right away and tell them I'm in town through Sunday night and can be available anytime. A few minutes later I get a phone call from an unknown number. I answer it and it's the town sheriff. We speak for a few minutes and schedule an interview for  early this afternoon. Excellent. I run upstairs to take a shower and find something nice to wear. I have about an hour to kill so I head downtown and go to Granny's for a coffee. I chat with Ruby for a bit. She's a nice girl. A little flirty but nice. I check my watch and have about 20 minutes left so I pay my tab and walk over to the sheriffs department. I go up to the desk sergeant and tell him I'm here to see Sheriff Hunter. He makes a call and tells me the sheriff will be right with me. A few minutes later a tall bearded man walks in and holds his hand out. "Sergeant Emma Swan, I'm Sheriff Graham Hunter it's nice to meet you. Please follow me".  We walk in the back to his office and start the interview. It seems to be going well. I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. It's probably Regina. I didn't tell her I was coming here. Hopefully it can be a surprise when I tell her I got the job later. "Well Sergeant Swan I've liked everything I've read and heard about you so far. I've spoken to your superior Captain Newell, and except for the fact that you are leaving his unit, he has all good things to say about you". I chuckle a bit and say. "Captain Newell is a great guy. I've enjoyed working with him and learning from him".   "That brings up my next question. Why have you decided to leave the Portland PD and work for us?"    "I do love my job there, but I've been in a relationship with someone here and it's become serious. So I decided that I needed to be here so we can build a future together. And since I've been coming to this town regularly for the last four months or so I've grown to really love it and the people here are a lot nicer then some from the bigger city of Portland".  "That's a good answer Sergeant. So how soon can you start?"   My mind just went blank. "Wait. What? Does this mean I get the job?"  "Yes. If you still want it".  "Yes of course. Thank you. This is great".   "So. When can you start Deputy Swan?"    "Ahhh well. I still need to finish up some things in Portland. I just gave a two week notice so I would say no later than three to four weeks tops. I hope that's ok".  "I think that should be fine. Just keep in touch so we can eventually come up with an exact date".   He stands up and I follow his lead. We walk back out the reception area and we shake hands. "Thank you so much Sheriff. I'm looking forward to working with you".  He nods and we go our separate ways. When I get outside I check my phone. I've got a missed call and a text from Regina. The text reads "You must be sleeping. I'm going over to Granny's for lunch". I see that it was sent fifteen minutes ago. I text her and say I'll be there in two minutes.