Chapter 42

I wake up to an empty bed, which I don't like but I at least I know Regina is close by, so it's ok. I must have not heard Henry wake up. I roll out of bed, put on some clothes then go downstairs. I go into the kitchen and see Regina sitting at the island and Henry next to her in his highchair. "Mornin' babe".  She looks up from her laptop and says. "Good morning darling. Did you sleep well?"   "Ya not to bad". I walk over and kiss her and pick up Henry because he's going crazy looking at me and has his arms up in the air to be picked up. "Good morning kid. How are you today?"  He snuggles right into me. I love it. I rub his back and kiss his head. Regina just looks on with a smile on her face. I go sit next to her and ask. "What are ya working on babe?"  "I don't want to tell you".  "Why not?  You looking for a date from one of those online sites?"   "Yup. You found me out Emma. I have so much free time on my hands between running this town and having a baby that's six months old, I said why not ruin my life by having an affair".  She slaps my arm and says. "I'm looking for wedding dresses, and you can't see them".  "Ok babe. I won't press for information". I get up, still holding Henry and go to the fridge for some orange juice when Regina quietly asks. "Emma?"  "Ya babe".    "I was wondering, have you thought about what you'd like to wear when we get married?"   "Well I figured since it's going to be outside in the fall I'd probably just put on my comfy jeans and a long sleeve Henley shirt".  "Idiot". I laugh and that makes Henry laugh too. "Mamas funny, isn't she little man?"  I tickle his belly. "I'm kidding babe. But, will you be disappointed if I don't want to wear a dress?  I really hate dresses".   "No. Of course not Emma. I want you to be comfortable. It is our wedding". "They do make nice tuxedos for women, I'd like to try one of those".   "That sounds wonderful Emma. I can't wait to see how hot you will look".  I laugh and say. "Ya. You can't wait to rip it off me". "Well that too my love".  I take my orange juice and go sit next to her. "So since I can't see the dresses, have you thought about where should tie the knot?" She laughs and says.  "eloquently put my darling". I just shrug. I get up and put Henry back in his highchair and put a few Cheerios on the top for him. I go sit back next to Regina. We decided that we want our wedding and reception at the same place. After an hour of searching we found the perfect place. It's right off the water. It has beautiful trees surrounding it, and I so hope the weather holds out because this place has an amazing gazebo with the water behind it. It's perfect. I did kind of always wanted to get married in a gazebo. Regina called the place and it was available for October 13th, so we booked it. Now we have to get what we want to wear and meet with a wedding planner from the venue to plan our menu and meet with their DJ. I kiss Regina and say. "All this work has made me so hungry, let's go to Granny's".   "I suppose that'll be ok". We take Henry upstairs and we all get dressed and I drive us over to Granny's. As soon as we walk in I can hear Ruby squealing as she runs over and takes Henry from me. "Hi Ruby. Regina and I are here too". We laugh as we take a seat in a booth and watch as Ruby shows Henry to everyone. It's sweet watching how everyone is saying hi to him and he's loving all the attention. I have a big smile on my face until I see someone walking into the diner. Regina sees the difference in me and asks. "what's wrong Emma?"   "What the fuck is he doing here?"  Regina turns to see who I'm talking about and she sees it's Robin. She looks back at me. He walks up to our table. "Hello Regina. It's nice to see you".   "Robin. What are you doing here?"   "I was just passing through and thought I would have some lunch". He says, then looks over at me. "Robin. I'd like you to meet my fiancé Emma. Emma this is Robin".   "Emma nice to meet you". He holds his hand out for me to shake and I only do because Regina gives me a look that says don't start any shit. We hear Granny yelling for Ruby.  "Ruby give that baby back and get to work". She comes over and I take Henry from her. Robin looks at him and says. "Who is this cute little guy". Regina says. "This is our son Henry".  He looks a little confused and says. "Our son?"   "Ya, as in mine and Reginas".  I say with a little bite to it. "Oh well congratulations then". He nods then turns and goes to sit at the counter. Regina looks at me and asks "Are you ok?"  "I'm fine Gina, as long as he stays far away".   "Would you like to go somewhere else my love".   "I'm not letting this asshole run me out of this diner".  "Emma please calm down and give Henry to me". I hand him over and then look over at Robin. She grabs my hand and says "Lets just order ok". I nod and she waves Ruby over. She takes our order and heads to the kitchen. I get up and get a highchair for Henry and Regina puts him in it. A few minutes later my cell phone rings and I look to see it's Sheriff Hunter. "Sorry babe I have to take this". She nods and I get up and walk in the back. While I'm gone Robin walks over to Regina and says. "Regina is this my son?"   "What? Of course not Robin. Henry is mine and Emma's. We already told you that".   "If I'm not his biological father than who is?"    "That is none of your business Robin. Now I suggest you leave us alone". "It is my business if he's mine".  "Robin I didn't get pregnant till months after we had already broken up. He is only six months old. Do the math".  I walk back over to the table and see Regina having a not so pleasant conversation with Robin so I say. "Is there a problem here?"   "No Emma. Everything is fine. Robin was just leaving".   "Like hell I am. I want to know if this is my son". That's when I blew up and punched him right in the face. He fell back on to a table knocking it over. Luckily no one was sitting there. Regina yelled "Emma" and that combined with the loud noise of Robin going down with the table caused Henry to start crying. Robin had blood running down his nose. "You bitch". Before I could go after him, Regina, with Henry in her arms, begs me not to. "Emma please stop this". I look in her eyes and she crying and so is our son. I nod and tell her I'm sorry. A few people help Robin to stand up just as a few deputies come walking in the diner. Shit. They come over and ask what's going on. "I lost my temper and caused a scene". I look over at Granny standing in the corner. "I'm sorry Granny. I'll pay for all the damages".  She gives a nod. The deputies ask Robin if he wants to press charges and he gives me a cocky smirk. Regina says "Robin. Please don't. I'm sorry but Henry is not your son, he is Emma's".  "How is that even possible?"  I slowly walk up to him but one of the deputies stands in front of me. "I'm not gonna to touch him I promise".  He nods and I look at Robin. "I was born with the same reproductive system that you have. That's how I was able to get Regina pregnant". His eyes go wide. "You have a dick?"  "Yup".  Him and the deputies give me a strange look. He then looks at Regina and asks "So he really isn't mine?"
"No Robin. I got pregnant with Henry by Emma. This is her son".   "I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused here". The deputies ask him again. "Sir did you want to press charges?"  "No. I'll be fine. I think I'm just going to leave". The deputies nod and Robin looks at us and walks out of the diner. The deputies turn to me and ask. "You ok now Swan?"  "Ya I'm fine. I'm sorry you guys had to come down here".  "Not a problem. We'll see you around". And they leave. I apologize to the people in the diner and start to clean up the mess. I fix the table and chairs and pick up the silverware and napkins. Ruby comes over and takes them from me. "I'm really sorry Ruby. Can we just get the check please".  "You guys haven't even had your lunch yet". I look at Regina still holding a now calm Henry and say "I really just want to go home". "Ok dear we can go. Ruby is it to late to cancel the order?"    "Let me go check". A minute later she comes back. "It's ok they haven't started it yet". Regina says thank you and starts to walk out. I pull out my wallet and leave a twenty on the table and follow behind her.