Stole My Heart - Chapter 3

"Uh, Baylee....a word please?"

Shit. How was I going to explain this? My mom had to know who they were, I mean...I NEVER shut up about them!

"Sure mom, one second."

I run to the fridge, and quickly pull out a fresh bag of baby carrots.

"Here you go Louis. I'll be right back guys."

"THANK YOU BAYLEE. YOU'RE MY NEW BEST FRIEND!"

"But Lou!" I hear Harry say, as I walk towards my mom and Paul's room. Paul is Alex's dad. I chuckle to myself and leave them to work things out. When I walk into their room, both my mom and Paul are sitting on the bed.

"Yes, mom? Paul?"

"Baylee...Tell me if I'm wrong, but that's One Direction our there, right?"

"Yeah mom, it is."

"Well damnit Baylee, why did you let them in?!" Paul says angrily.

Here we go again. I should've known he'd be angry. His temper always got the best of him.

"What was I supposed to do?! They're my idols, and their tour bus broke down! They just need to hang out for a while, and you know they can't wait outside! It's hot!"

"Honey" my mom says to Paul, "She has a point. There's no harm in them staying over for a while."

"YES THERE IS. THIS IS MY HOUSE."

That's when I feel the familiar sting of his big heavy hand hitting my face. He's done it again, he's hit me. The sad part is, my mom just looks away. She stands up for him. I do my best not to cry, and I fail miserably. It hurts like hell, and you'd think by now I'd be used to it.

I rush to wipe away my tears before Paul sees he's gotten the best of me.

"They can stay, but you sure as hell are in for it once they leave." And with that, he and my mom leave the room, and all I can manage to do is stand there and cry. Once I'm done, I wipe my tears, check my face, and head back to the living room to hang out with the boys.

I try my hardest not to let it show that I've been crying, but Zayn sees right through me. He pulls me aside to talk.

"Are you okay?!" he asks with a concerned voice.

I plaster on my best fake smile and reply "Of course! Never better!"

"Baylee, you're lying. I can ALWAYS tell when someone is lying, and you are right now. We may not know each other well, but you can talk to me."

I hesitate before saying "Thank you Zayn...but for now, I'd rather just keep it to myself."

Of course I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't risk the police finding out. Paul would find some way to find me, he'd make me pay.

"Okay Baylee, I respect that."

"Thank you."

We go back towards the boys, and I'm all smiles. My face still hurts though.

"Uhhmm, what's on your face love?" Niall asks.

"Nothing?" I hadn't put anything on my face.

"I see something. Let me get a closer look."

He moves towards me, and his eyes get wide. I walk over to a mirror, and you can see it clearly. A big purple bruise, in the shape of Paul's hand, across my right cheek.

I turn to Niall, and he asks "DID HE HIT YOU?!" As soon as he finishes talking, Paul walks in. Oh no, he realizes that the boys have figured out his dirty little secret. His dirty, angry, little secret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Oh goodness! Tons of drama! What go you think the boys will do, now that they've seen Baylee gets hit? Will Paul try and shut the boys up? Will they save her? Comment what you think! Hope you guys like this!! Don't forget to comment, fan, and vote! I love you all!!

Love, HungryLikeHoran