Stole My Heart - Chapter 4

Niall's POV:

"Get out of my house." I heard a voice behind me say.

I turned around slowly, and it was Paul. It was Baylee's stepdad. If he hit her, it meant he was violent. I needed to be careful. The boys realized what was about to happen and stood up. I had to stand up for her, she couldn't stand up for herself.

"Did you hit her?" I asked in a careful voice.

"I said, get out of my house."

"You did, didn't you? Why? Why would you want to hurt something so beautiful and innocent?"

"What happens between my daughter and me is none of your business."

Baylee spoke for the first time since Paul told us to get out. "STEP-dad. You're not my dad."

Before I could say anything, I saw Paul plunge for Baylee.

"STOP!" I don't know who screamed. All I know is everything in me wants to hurt this man. Liam, Louis, Zayn, Harry and I all run and stand between Paul and Baylee before he can hit her again.

"MOVE!" Paul bellows out.

I wasn't gonna move. Where was Baylee's mom? Wasn't she gonna do something?

"Paul, why are you yelling?" in walks Baylee's mom holding her brother Alex. What was her name again? Brenda? Yeah, Brenda.

"These young men need to leave. They need to leave and never come back if they know what's good for them."

"What happened?"

I cut in before he can speak. "Did you know about this? About him hitting your daughter? Aren't you gonna do anything?"

She looks ashamed as she says "I think you boys should go now."

"No, not until I call the police."

"NO!!!" I turn around shocked.

"No what Baylee?"

"Don't. Don't call the police."

"Why not? He's hurting you!"

"I know...but if the police found out they'd take away my brother. I can't lose him. It's only me he hits anyways."

"Well then Baylee, your coming with us." Liam speaks up.

"Go pack your bags."

Paul is enraged. "YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE."

"Oh yes she is. We'll figure something out. She won't be around you anymore. Try anything funny and I guarantee one of the five of us will call the police while we fight you off. Now Baylee, please, go pack your bags."

She turns around, and heads towards her room with tears in her eyes.

Baylee's POV:

What just happened? Where are the boys going to take me? What about school? I guess I'll pack my homework. I hear a light knock at my door.

"You ready love?" Niall asks.

"Almost...Niall, I'm scared. What's gonna happen to me?" I burst into tears. Niall walks over and pulls me into a hug. I cry on his shoulder, and he rubs my back while whispering about how they'll take care of me. Once I calm down, I pull away, wipe my eyes, and close my suitcase. Here goes nothing. Here marks the start of my adventure with One Direction.

Niall takes my suitcase in one hand, and takes my hand in the other. We walk out, hand in hand. I say my goodbyes to my mom and brother while avoiding Paul. When the car pulls up, I walk out with the boys and it sinks in that I'm about to enter a whole new world.

"Well Baylee, you're with us now. We'll take care if you."

I realize how caring these boys truly are. They saved my life. I can't help but wonder what life will be like with One Direction...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So, the chapter isn't great but I needed a sort of filler chapter. Next chapter will get better and we'll finally reveal who is falling for Baylee! The real question is, will she feel the same way? Find out in the next chapter! Don't forget to fan, vote, and comment!!

Love, HungryLikeHoran