Stole My Heart - Chapter 20

BAYLEE'S POV:

As I approached Maddy's hospital room I tell Niall to wait outside, wanting him to be a surprise for her. I slowly creep in and find her watching television.

"Mad-dy" I just about sing her name.

"Baylee!" She screams, trying her hardest to run and give me a hug.

"Gahh! I missed you! Sorry about this morning, I was all drugged up!" She explains.

It's alright, I found it in my heartto forgive you." I joke with her.

"Okay, Maddy...I have a little surprise for you. Just promise me you won't cry." I say, holding out my pinky finger.

"Yeah sure! Just give it to me!" She yells, obviously excited.

I run outside and grab Niall's hand, dragging him into Maddy's room.

"OH MY GOD!!! NIALL HORAN!!!!" She screams at the top of her lungs.

I smile widely, knowing I've made her happy.

Maddy all of a sudden gets a little quiet and approaches Niall and I cautiously.

"Can I hug you?" She asks timidly.

"You don't have to ask!" Niall responds, throwing his arms around Maddy.

"Are you feeling better?" Niall asks her, concerned.

"Yeah, I was drugged up this morning, but now I'm back! It's same old Maddy! If anything I'm just a little tired."

"Good." He smiles.

Niall's phone rings obnoxiously, which draws everyone's attention to him. He pulls out his phone, reads the name, and his face immediately drops. I have no idea why.

"They just told me I have to leave for a few days." He says slowly.

"What?! No! Niall! Not right now, I need you!" I exclaim, feeling selfish but knowing I really do need him.

"I'll be back in a few days." he says.

"Niall, please? Do you HAVE to go?" I ask and he nods in response. He wraps me in his arms, holding me tight and kisses my forehead.

"You'll be okay love. It's only a few days." He gives me one last passionate kiss, crashing his lips to mine. When he breaks the kiss, he squeezes my hand one last time and leaves, probably going to pack. Maddy walks over to me and hugs me.

"It'll be okay." She tells me, in an attempt to soothe my aching heart.

My phone vibrates and I find a text from Niall.

From: Niall<3

Maddy will be okay, tell her I said sorry I couldn't stay longer! I love you and I can't wait to see you in a few days babe! Miss you already! :'(

~~

Maddy is checked out of the hospital, and we celebrate by going to see a movie together. After the movie we head back to my house and quickly run to my room.

"So how's it been with you and Niall?" Maddy asks, wanting the gossip.

"Well, I mean...we JUST got back together. After Harry and Zayn made a move on me, it was hard not to let Niall know what was going and I was an emotional roller coaster. I wished the whole time that I had him, but I didn't. Liam and I ended up having a fling and part of me felt it was real but another part of me felt like I was doing it to make Niall jealous. If it is true, Niall didn't even care. I guess he doesn't love me as much as he said he did." I blurt out, letting my emotions flow through my words.