Blood ties

Jealousy part I

____________________________________________________

The dining table was full of foods that are neither mine and Ara's favourite. I figured it out later when Brenda's eye seemed to brighten as the mood follows.

My mom was sitting beside aunt Linda while my father was at my side. Chatters and clanking sounds were heard and we we're soon enveloped with the warm blasted air and delicious foods. I started to dig in, not minding the disgust look from my cousin, Brenda, who always pick everything I do, just like now.

"Never knew that you were a food lover, I wonder how can you keep your body this slim?" she said.

Her words may compliment me but behind it, her words mean that I'm a pig who only knows food and has become fat.

"Well, I do my exercises, though you should try it. I see you huffing back there, your body must be slowing down. Are you still alright?"

I can play this silly game of I-compliment you-you-compliment-me.

Her smile stiffen and she retract her body, leaning into the chair while Ara naively ask her if she's okay. My words may seem as if I was concerned over her but in reality, she was just getting old.

"How cute of you two! They're always taking care of each other, right Linda?" my mother sweetly asked.

"Of course! They're already a lady and a well mannered one if I may say!" aunt Mildred said as she gaze at us.

Her eyes seems to be focused on her daughter as Brenda smiled stiffly, her hands clenched underneath the table.

Her mother is warning her, low-key, to be a lady from head to toe.

The sound of the doorbell was heard as the awkward atmosphere vanished into thin air. My father leaped on his feet and open the door only to see my childhood nemesis.

Stefan.

"Oh Stefan! What leads you here?" my father said opening the door widely for Stefan to come in.

"I'm just returning Rin's bracelet, she left it at-"

"Oh thank you Stefan! Never thought that it's in your hands. May I get a word for him father, I just wanted to thank him personally"

My father nodded in confirmation as I dragged Stefan outside our house.

"Are you fucking serious?" I seethed at him.

"What? The gentle cold headed goddess of ACE was cussing? Never thought I would hear it from your pure self" mocked by him.

Thankfully we are in the gardens, the people who takes care of iur garden was out and I could only sigh in relieve for a minute before I take the bracelet away from his hands

"You--You're doing this deliberately! You can give it to me tomorrow but no! You choose to give it to me now, making my family come to a complete misunderstanding!" I shouted as I lose my cool.

Despite my shouting, his face remained impassive as he took on my red furious face. The garden was silent and only the sound of the wind blowing was heard.

"Rin? Are you there?"

It was......

________________________________________

Hey guys!!! It was a tiresome day for me, add to the fact that I'm feeling stress again because of research.

My group mates are arguing over something so small, it really made me mad and wanted to shout at them for their childishness.

Anyway, enough of my rant, thanks for voting and reading guys!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!

Please do Vote. Comment. Share.