Of pain and happiness

Beginnings Part II

___________________________________________________________

Kring! Kring!

"Damn alarm clock!" I hissed under my breath as I pushed the stray strands of my hair to my ear.

I look and saw it was past 7 in the morning, I was no doubt late for my work--- oh wait!

It's Saturday.

I immediately bounce back on my bed as I smiled. Today's Saturday and I already finish half of the work i was supposed to do, so maybe a little day off would be good.

"Rin! Let's have a pajama party! Just the two of us!"

Or not.

Misa was smiling from me widely, and I couldn't bear to say no. After all, this is a perfect day for us to bond after so much things that I did to make us live peacefully here.

"Fine, what about your class?" I ask as I started to arrange my bed.

"After my class, let's go to the supermarket to buy snacks!" She said giddily.

I nod at her and she hugs me so tight I almost wheeze a laugh.

As I was cooking us a breakfast, I suddenly remember the long back of a certain someone. I was still confused by his actions yesterday that I had a hard time to sleep.

Flipping the sizzling bacon on, I gaze towards the ocean once more, and at that time, I finally remembered why.

Stefan's mother was already dead.

And yesterday is her death anniversary.

After eating and washing up, Misa starts the car and was now waving her hands on me.

"I'll be off now! Don't forget our pajama party today!" She shouted while I nod at her, smiling as I leaned into the pillar.

I watch her car left and soon, I was all alone in the house.

.......

"What's the occasion?" A sudden intruder said as he barges into the room.

"It's none of your business so stay out of it" I dismissed him while I continued to clean the house.

He seemed to not mind it as he plops himself back into the sofa and turned the tv on. His legs were raised comfortably as he continued to shamelessly use my tv.

"Don't you have anywhere to go Stefan? Really? Because I don't mind not seeing you in here. Every. Single. Day" I pronounced while gritting.

"Oh look! A wedding" he sneered.

I suddenly flinch at the word, looking behind me, I saw him staring at the tv with cold eyes as he watch the couple giving their vows.

I was occupied at my thoughts too, or should i say from the memories form the past.

"What is it again?" I ask suddenly irritated.

"What? Still regretting the fact that you leave him?" He said while smiling coldly at me.

I didn't leave his gaze but instead stared at him. I didn't know what was his problem but I had enough.

"Get out" I coldly snapped.

"What? Still hurts? I told you that you should have cho-"

"Not everyone is as heartless like you" I suddenly screamed.

My pet up anger from the past and the present collided, making a mess. A huge mess. The atmosphere turned a bit more chilly as I tried to think of solutions.

I look towards him and see his eyes so cold, freezing cold. He smiled at me, but it was not the same.

It was self mockery.

"I-- I wa-" I was about to say sorry when someone barges inside.

"Surprise!" Misa suddenly said as she held up a bottle of wine.

We look towards her and instantly, she blushed in shame. She must have taken note of the atmosphere right now.

"I'm going now" Stefan suddenly exclaimed as he ruffled myself sister's hair and step outside.

I was frozen stiff and all I could do was to look outside, his once lonely back was much more present than before.

And this time, I was the one getting angry at myself.

"Damn it!" I cursed as I kick the door which backfired and made me teared up in pain.

"Are you okay?" Misa suddenly crouched and helped me get onto the couch.

As I started to massage my injured foot, I was deep into thinking.

I know it was too low of me to say that.

He was not heartless in the beginning, he change because he needs to.

Or else he would be swallowed by the internal fights in his family.

"Now what should I do?"

Then the phone rings....

_______________________________________________

Hey guys!!!! It's so cold in here due to the continuous rain. I love it but i swear it's so cold. Brrr!!😲😲😬😬

Now, Rin made Stefan angry!! Now don't be all angry at her! She was just in pain and Stefan just rubbed salt onto her still hurting wound.

Now guys and girls! I'm still looking for unique names for girls. Hope you gave me some!!!

To those who already gave me, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR YOUR COOPERATION!!!

Please do Vote. Comment. Share.