One hurt

Welcome to chapter 2 of the rewritten version of this fic! 

"Deceit!"

Janus immediately rose up from his room with a sinister smirk on his face. When he had soaked in the situation his smirk disappeared and he transformed into Virgil and walked up to Thomas. He hunched down in front of his host and began to whisper to him.

Logan couldn't hear what Deceit was saying to Thomas but he presumed that he was trying to calm him down, they all cared about Thomas just in different ways. The real Virgil was still yelling on about nightmare scenarios. Black ink like substance had began to drip out of his eyes and down his cheeks.

There couldn't be 2 Virgils. If anything that would make their host's panic attack worse. Logan went up to the anxious side and pulled him into a tight hug. It was so surprising the yelling abruptly stopped.

"Sorry" Logan whispered.

The hug turned into a restraint as he forced Virgil to sit down on the grass so he would be out of sight. Logan places his hand over the other man's mouth, similar to how Janus would silence them. The black ink streamed down his cheeks similar to tears.

Whatever Janus was saying must be working since Virgil's eyes slowly began to flicker between being black and being normal. When they had stayed normal for over two minutes Logan let Virgil speak again. He immediately whispered

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" His hands were shaking "I didn't mean- I couldn't stop- I-I-I don't want to hurt him- I'm sorry- I'm horrible"

Real tears began to form in his eyes so Logan soothingly rubbed his hand up and down the other sides' back. He decided to do his best Patton impression.

"It is okay. I know you can not always control. Thomas is okay now, you are not a bad person for the things you can not control" 

Virgil let out a shaky breathe before nodding.

Thomas had gotten up and looked like he was breathing normally again. Roman still looked mad. He was mad at himself but he would probably take it out on Virgil, that was how it always went down. But for once Virgil also looked mad. He was staring at Janus who was still shapeshifted into the anxious side.

"Wh-Who...Is that Dec-" Virgil stuttered out from surprise.

Logan turned his back on him, he didn't have time for this right now "You should go back, it wouldn't be good if he saw two of you" 

He left Virgil on the ground, alone, and went to join the rest of the sides.

"I assume we are on our way home after all we have a test tomorrow" Logan said as he fixed his glasses.

"Yeah. The taxi is on the way" Thomas sighed, he looked absolutely exhausted.

"And the test will go great! right Virgil?" Patton said to which Janus nodded in return. He was surprisingly good at mimicking Virgils body language almost as if he had known him for a while. Logan noted that he should ask about that once this entire mess was over.

All the sides shapeshifted into smaller versions of themselves so that Thomas had more space in the taxi but Logan reminded him to put on his seatbelt. They got a good 4 hours of sleep that night and Logan had to work his hardest to get some sense out of Thomas's brain during the exam the next day. Handing in the test left a bad feeling in all of their stomaches especially Anxiety's and Logic's.

The days afterwards didn't make Logan feel any less uneasy either. Virgil was avoiding him as if he was the new cancer. If he came into the kitchen to get a snack the anxious side would jump down from the fridge and leave. Virgil stopped showing up for family dinner, but if Lo left he joined the table the moment he did so. He didn't even join them for board game night.