One just one, we are having no accidental spoilers in this chili's tonight

Welcome to the sixteenth rewritten chapter!

tw: Physical abuse

Janus sunk up into the upper floor of the dark side's place. Yet another plan had failed. He really was pathetic.

He shut his eyes so tightly it nearly hurt and rubbed his palms against his eyelids. His breathe caught in his throat and it felt like if he opened his mouth any time soon all he would be able to get out was a scream. He couldn't breathe and he hated this and he hated being stuck down here and  he was so afraid. He was so afraid. 

He pushed all those feelings down. Pushed them away until he could at least act like his normal self. He should at least show himself so Envy knew he didn't have to distract Rage anymore. He hoped the side of anger hadn't gone too hard on him. He slowly walked down the stairs while listening for any warning signs. Crying, yelling, anything like that. Instead he heard mumbled talking.

"If you could regrow limbs I would cut off each of your fingers and eat them in front of you" Rage murmured.

"You promise?" Envy asked back.

"Of course. I can give you so many scars. Just small ones. They can remind you who loves you the most" It sounded like he was flirting "Once I take you out to a candlelit dinner I can pour the hot wax from the candles onto the food and make you eat it!"

Before either of them could say anything more Janus walked into the room. Rage was sitting on the couch with Envy sitting on his hips. There were hickeys upon hickeys littered all over his neck.

"Am I interrupting something?" Janus asked dryly. Relief seemed to flood over Envy as he turned to him.

"Yes!" Rage grunted out.

"No!" Envy glanced at the bigger side "I-I mean yes"

"Whatever" He shoved Envy down on the ground without a second thought "You can take him for a while if your heart desires it so very much. I have a date to plan anyway"

Envy got up as quickly as he could from the floor and went over to Janus. He looked down in shame the entire walk. He followed Jan behind obediently as he wordlessly walked back up to the upper floor.

The moment Janus closed the door behind them he let out an annoyed sigh "The lighties are so not infuriating! They totally listen to me the voice of reason always!"

Envy tried to hug him but he moved away and started to walk back and forth across the room. He continued to ramble about what the light sides had done and said. About how yet another plan had failed because they were that stupid.

"Y-you- the plan- we- But you said this plan would work!....You said we would g-get away from R-R-Rage" Tears filled Envy's eyes as he scratched at the hickeys, as if he was trying to force them away "You said- you said-"

"It's not like I'm a liar or anything!" Deceit yelled back at him "You should really stop believing every little tiny thing I say! You at least get to be down here with your new boyfriend Rage or whatever that is about! Some us aren't so lucky so we get to be stuck with people we actually like!"

He flinched back "Me and Rage aren't dating. He just- He's dating me. I think. I dunno. He treats me like we're- I don't want to- I just agree to whatever he says so I don't get hurt. You told me to distract him. I did my best!"

"Suuure. We have more important things to care about then your dating problems" Janus waved his hand around as if that would wave his problems away.

He continued to talk and continued to try to scheme together some new plan on how to take the power from the lighties. Envy stood still. His hand were shaking and he wanted to throw up because of the hickeys.