VIII. Exception

When Scarlet exit the store, Raoul entered a car with a long red hair woman who was wearing a thin top that showed off her flat stomach and short skirt. Everything was barely covered by a thick jacket and long leather boots.

"R-Raoul!" Scarlet shouted, attempting to chase after him, but the car drove away.

Raoul tilted his head, "Do you hear that?"

The girl twirled her black nails on his inner thigh, causing him to flinch lightly. "I didn't hear anything," she whispered into his ear, then give him another one of her infamous smiles.

Scarlet continued running after the car without noticing her surroundings and slipped on a tray of ice. She groaned, placing her hands on her bleeding knee as she felt the tingly sensation on her bottom. She looked up to see the car turning into a corner, "Raoul," she whispered, running her sleeve across her red nose.

Quickly, she shook her head and pulled out her phone. The phone began ringing as she attempts to stand up, not noticing her ankle was turning into a deep shade of red.

"Yes, Miss Scarlet?" a man answered.

"I know you had been following me due to my father's order."

There was a long silence tracing in the air, "Yes."

"Did you see Raoul leave with that whore?" her voice was much more bitter then she anticipated.

"With the prostitute. Yes."

"Pinpoint their location...now," she said, unable to hold back her aggressive tone. She slides the phone down, gripping it tightly on her hand as she glared murderously at the direction they left.

Meanwhile, the young female held Raoul's hand as he clutches tightly onto the flour, eyes scurrying around the stuffy motel. She tapped a sharp nail onto the counter and the front desk smile handing her the key, knowing which room she prefers.

"W-When are you going to tell me what that word means?" Raoul asked, unable to say the word.

She tilted her head, "I told you. I'll show it to you soon," she winked.

The deeper they walk into the motel, the more uneasy Raoul feels as he continued fidgeting. She lifted the key and opened the door, revealing a simple room with a bed and television.

"I want to go home," he whispered, pulling her back.

She lifted her hand, lightly placing it on his jacket and zipped it downward. "Come on. It will be fun. I promise."

Quickly, he shakes his head and lowered her hand, then zipped up. "I was just curious about the word, but it's okay not to know now."

"Why not?"

"Because, I don't think Scar will like me being here," he pouted. "I don't like it when Scar is not happy."

She closed the door and sat on the bed. "Who is this Scar you're talking about? Your sister?"

Raoul shakes his head, "Scar is the most beautiful girl in the world," he smiled, "She is my soulmate."

Her brows furrowed, "You're a werewolf?"

He nods.

"With a soulmate?"

He nods again.

"And yet you're here with me?" she said with a light scoffed, then leaned her hands on the bed. "Are you sure she is your soulmate?"

Raoul's fists tighten, "Scar is definitely my mate."

She lifted a brow, "So you mark her already?"

His lips thin...marking...He read that word before in a werewolf textbook Scarlet provided for him. Marking is generally done between soulmates, where it binds them together for all eternity.