X. Dear Santa

Scarlet spit the foam out of her mouth, then rinsed the toothbrush. She threw it inside the pink cup as her eyes traced towards the blue cup with Raoul's toothbrush. She sighed, placing her palms on the counter as she gazed at herself in the mirror.

Soulmates...that word made Scarlet laughs. She had always thought it was unfortunate that only werewolves get to meet their soulmates, but knowing the Hood's family can never be linked to any others was outright depressing.

When Scarlet was ten, she was taught about the history of the Hood's family.

It began centuries ago when the Hood's families were hunters. They hunted none others then werewolves. It was no secret that hunters and werewolves were natural enemies, but the Hood's reputation was outright despicable.

Before the rise of the Custodes, ending Acqua Rossa Spessa, hunters mercilessly decapitated werewolves - good or bad. With time, the bitterness between them only worsens.

There was one particular hunter whose hands bled more than others, and it was none other than Scarlet's ancestor.

The hunter, Rose Hood, was mated to a werewolf. He was willing to give up everything for her - his reputation, virtue, heart, mind, and soul.

Alas, neither community was willing to accept their love for one another.

In the end, Rose had to choose, and she choosen...her family, brutally killing her own lover with her own two hands.

The cruelty came after when insanity overcome Rose...and she killed...again...and again...and again.

The history and thought of never having a soulmate never bothered her...until now.

Biting her trembling lips, she wondered if perhaps...maybe...there may be a chance Raoul will never meet his soulmate.

No...she shouldn't be thinking that. After all, for a werewolf, meeting their other half is the most essential thing in the whole world.

She used all her weight and pushed herself away from the counter, heading back towards the bedroom. Upon entering the room, she smiled, seeing Raoul sitting on the chair as the pencil tapped on his chin, mind thinking of what to ask Santa for Christmas.

Scarlet chuckled, catching Raoul's attention. Immediately, he covered the sheet of paper. "No! You told me you would come back when I'm done!"

She folded her arms, steadily walking towards Raoul. "No. I said I'm going to brush my teeth, and you should finish when I'm done," she said in a teasing manner as her eyes pinned towards the paper underneath his forearms.

Standing in front of Raoul, Scarlet smirked as he narrowed his eyes. Instantly, she reached for the paper, and he growled. He sinks the paper behind him as Scarlet continued reaching for it. "Let me see what you wrote!" she shouted, continuing her teasingly.

"No! You can't read it!" he screamed, throwing the piece of paper in the air. Scarlet narrowed her eyes and began leaping, causing Raoul to laugh, knowing the difference in the heights. "If you want it, jump for it," Raoul sang the same lines he watched earlier in a television show.

Scarlet's face turned a deep shade of red as she puffed her cheeks, disliking the teasing tone lurking inside Raoul's voice. She bent her knees and leaped, causing Raoul to burst out laughing once more. "Give it to me!"

"No! Go write your own!" he shouted, backing away from her.

"Raoul! Let me read it! What if you wrote bad words!"

"Raoul is a good boy! I don't write bad words!"

"Then, prove it!"

"No! I know this method! I read all about it! You're using reverse psychology on me!"

"I knew I shouldn't allow you to read those books," she hissed under her breath and jumped a few times.

Barely reaching the edge of the paper, her eyes widen with excitement. "Haaaaa!" Scarlet shouted, tipping over as Raoul fell backward onto the bed. They groaned, feeling the intensity of the impact.

Scarlet puffed out a breath and blew the hair away from her face, feeling Raoul's body pressed beneath her. Steadily, she went on all fours and grunted. The air was caught on her throat when her eyes met with a pair of deep amber with his face barely inches away from hers.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry I was playing around too m-" before Scarlet can finish, Raoul mushed their lips together and rolled Scarlet on her back. The paper slips toward the ground, silently laying on the carpet as the room began to fill with moans and groans.

"Dear Santa Claus or Saint Nickolas if you prefer,

My name is Raoul. I don't have a last name, because I don't know my last name. Raoul is the name given to me by the most beautiful girl in the world, named Scarlet Hood.

I don't want anything for the holidays, because I am happy with my life. Annabella always feeds me good food and Scarlet - well, I have Scarlet, and she makes me happy. Whenever I'm with her, there is this weird feeling inside my stomach, and I like it.

But, there is one thing I am worried about. Nickolas, if I may call you that, if Scarlet is not my soulmate - but I know she is definitely my soulmate.

Please...Please...Please, don't ever let me meet my real soulmate."

Scarlet groaned as her lids opened, eyes meeting with the morning sunlight. She motion around, feeling a warm sensation between her chest, resulting in a smile on her lips. She wrapped her arms around Raoul's head, decreasing the non-existing distance between them.

Dear Santa, if you exist...

Please, just a little longer.