XXIII. Drenched in Memories

Raoul's hand tighten around Scarlet as he gazed up at the large estate, big enough to fit a small town. The window was so large it reminds him of a store-front, decorated with blinking lights and frosted snow. The white birds travel past it, and one slammed right onto the squeaky clean glass. Dead vines danced on the corners of the brick cerise walls, ending at the crystal covered bushes.

Scarlet placed a kiss on the top of his hand, removing his attention away from the fairytale-like building. "They will like you." She smiled, "I know I do."

His shoulders slumped as a pout made its way as his eyes enlarge, fluttering his lashes at her. "You only like me?"

Scarlet rolled her eyes, fighting the smile that fought its way to stay on her face. "You know what I mean."

Raoul smiled, cupping her cheeks. "I know, but I enjoy hearing you say it." His hot breath scattered across her face, "Scar...Say it for me again."

She chewed her lower lips, "I...I love you, Raoul."

His smile only broadens as his nose grazed against hers, feeling the loud drum beats inside his chest. Raoul loves hearing Scarlet's affection towards him, and he isn't afraid to voice his. "I love you too Scarlet."

A deep cough disturbs their tender moment, and Raoul looked to his left to see a lovely couple walking out of the estate. "You must be Raoul." Ruby sweet voice swayed into the air as she opened her arms towards her daughter.

Scarlet's eyes narrowed, and Ruby dropped her arms. "I thought you said you aren't angry at me anymore."

"You called the werewolf authorities on Raoul!"

"It was your father!" Ruby pointed a finger behind her.

"How else am I supposed to react seeing pictures of my innocent daughter being taken advantage by this-" he looked at Raoul with dagger eyes, "beast!"

"Father!"

"No!" He wiggled his finger in front of her face, "No. No. No. No!"

"I'm-"

"No!"

"Raou-"

"No!"

"Raoul mark me already father! I belong to him!" She stomped forwards towards her father while Raoul tried the blush making its way up his cheeks. "Next time either of you calls the authorities to deport Raoul. I swear, I will come back and make both your lives a living hell!" She crossed her arms, and glared at them deviously.

Ruby giggled, breaking the awkward tension between them while Raoul stood several steps behind Scarlet, fidgeting in discomfort. "Okay, we get it, sweetheart. We won't deport your fiance anymore."

Everyone eyes widen. "Fiance?" they all said simultaneously.

Ruby stepped towards Raoul. "Of course, fiance. You do intend to marry my daughter...right?" buried beneath her voice was a threat.

"Moth-"

"Yes," he responded confidently as he took a step forward, feeling the snow dampening his black boots. "I will marry Scarlet and we will make many babies together."

Scarlet choked on her saliva while her father face went pale. Ruby smiled, clasping her hands together. "I look forward to my grandchildren."

At that moment, Scarlet wanted to faint in the white blanket of snow as her mother lead Raoul inside the estate. Scarlet glanced at her father, "Did he said babies?" he asked, and she slowly nodded, unable to seek any voice.

"No. No. No. No! There will be no baby making!" he screamed, rushing after Ruby.

Scarlet stood there, watching her father screaming at Raoul while her mother laughed lightly in the background. At that moment, she couldn't help, but smile.

Everything was absolutely...perfect.

Raoul entered the large double door, and his eyes widen as his mouth decided to go along with gravity. Upon entering from one room to another, he felt as if everything was a fairytale. He was afraid to sit on the couch, staining it or even wrinkling it. The sofa is cream but inlaid with fine red silk; seemingly untouched by the world. The white curtains are linen embezzled with pure hand stitched flowers, the kind of white that is untouched by hands and devoid of dust. There was a wide screen with no stain implemented in the middle of the living room and a fireplace sparkling underneath.

Raoul's eyes caught on the flickering tree, with its tiers of red lights. The ornaments were a mixture of fancy yet childish ones. He took a step closer, seeing a poorly made ornament with the face smudge of dirt. It was an angel fashioned from beige cloth and denim, the wings on the back has once been shiny but had become dulled with age. It didn't take a mastermind to see that the old ornaments were soaked in memories and drenched in happy times.

Somehow - Raoul looked at Scarlet tangled their fingers together - the house feel homely.

He wore a loose grey outfit, and sprawling in the large bed, covered with silk sheets. The soft lamp-light lit in the corner of the dark room as Scarlet exhaled firmly into his chest. His chin was sunk on her soft hair, hands wrapped around her curves. He seemed dropped in a stern, prophet-like meditation. Somehow, he still can't sleep even after a heavy meal with Scarlet's parent.

Steadily, he unraveled Scarlet's body and left the bedroom. Hearing a low rumbling sound, he turned around to see Scarlet sinking herself into a ball with a pleasant smile on her face. He closed the door and walked down the large hallway. The moon glowed straight into the glass window as Raoul gazed at the endless pictures framed into the wall.

His smile dropped when he saw a particular photo of a beautiful young girl. Her dark hair draped across her face, a stern line across her red lips as the hood covered most of her pale face. Her dark brown eyes were gazing deeply into his - almost as if hypnotizing him.

"Rose...You must kill me."

"P-Please...We can make this work...I'll speak to my family, and we can talk to the werewolf community...We can-"

"We...can not be together...The world does not allow it, and I rather die than to put both you and our child in danger."

"Rose Hood."

Raoul glanced over to see Scarlet's father - Axe Hood.

Axe curls were midnight black wasting over his dark brown, framed by graceful brows. His skin was tanned, unlike most man of his status wealth. He had prominent cheekbones and a well-defined nose. Muscles rippled across every part of his body, covered by the loose suits. "You know...I met Ruby when I was a normal boy...I was the son of a woodcutter."

Axe's eyes traced towards every photo, diagnosing them one by one. "Ruby was a refined young lady from a family of elites, raised in bless ignorance...or that's what I assumed."

"And you choose to stay with her despite knowing the Hood's family affairs?" Raoul question.

He nodded, "I left my family and became a part of the Hood's family...I left everything and everyone who had ever love me." His dark brown traced towards Raoul, "How much are you willing to sacrifice for Scarlet?"

Raoul gazed at the photo of Scarlet when she was younger - red cheeks and a giant smile on her frosted cover face as her eyes scrunched together in a lovely awkward manner.

"Everything."