XX. Color Me Green

Raoul had never thought he could feel pain as he does now. The throbbing inside his ear was increasing, deafening all his senses. The tears refused to listen to his command as it continued flowing until he heard the car slammed shut as Scarlet left him.

She left him...without a battle.

A fire lit within Raoul as he scrunched his hands. With pure force, he punched the brick wall - revealing a hole that matched his heart. He didn't know what to do except create another hole...another...and another.

His mate stood there, witnessing the whole scene, unable to speak nor can she look away from the one destined for her. Slowly, she walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his waist, stopping him from hurting him. She closed her eyes, inhaling his intoxicating scent. "I'm sorry," she whispered, knowing he was in pain.

"I don't want you," he mumbled, feeling the electric flow between them.

She smiled, soaking his shirt with her tears, "I know"

Her grip tightens on his waist, "...but I still want you."

After Raoul calmed, his mate took him into the building. As he sat there, he gazed at her while she wrapped the bandage around his bleeding fists. Their ears listening to the ticking time clock. "What's your name?" Raoul asked.

Her lips twerked into a slight smile, "Lyla...My name is Lyla," she spoke in barely a whisper.

More silence.

"What...place is this?" he asked, remembering being taken here but he doesn't exactly know where he was located.

"You're in the SilverStone Pack."

She glanced up at him, as his eyes scanned the dulled room. "We aren't the strongest pack but...its nice here," her voice was still soft...comforting.

"I see," he responded.

Lyla tucked away the first aid kit, and began tapping her nails on the metal box. "Are you going to leave?"

His eyes traced towards her, "Yes."

"What if I asked you to stay?"

There was a knock on the door, disturbing their conversation, not allowing Lyla and Raoul to complete their conversation. The door popped open, and a woman step inside. "I umm I was concerned seeing blood so umm is everything okay?" she said, smile dimly at Raoul.

Lyla pushed back her rolling chair and stood up, tucking a strand of hair back. "Raoul...This is my younger sister Charlotte...Charlotte...This is Raoul."

Lyla stood next to Charlotte, and Raoul noticed their physical appearance were somewhat similar, but not too much.

Another knocking on the door disturbs their silence, and Raoul looked over to see a stunning tall man walked inside. The corner of his lips tugged up into a smile, "You must be Raoul." He extended a hand, "My name is Drake, future Alpha of SilverStone." He smiled brightly, eyes gleaming towards Charlotte who giggled and walked towards him.

He hung an arm over her shoulder. "You must have met my mate, Charlotte."

Raoul nodded, then the silence began lingering in the air. Drake scratched his head. "So, you're Lyla's mate?"

Silence.

Lyla began playing with her thumbs. "Y-Yes...He is my mate," she stuttered, feeling the pounding inside her chest as Raoul's eyes dropped to the floor.

Drake bit his upper lips as his eyes drifted from one person to another, still attempting to smile. "Uhhh...So, Charlotte and I are going out for uhhh dinner. Do you guys want to join?"