XXV: Taking Over the Family Business

A year passed since Scarlet found Raoul in the depth of the forest.

Another year passed when they had their first son - Rowan Hood.

Upon his birth, the Hood's family knew that Rowan was the next little red as his eyes colored crimson upon birth until it slick back to its original colors.

Raoul wrapped his arms around Scarlet as she attempted to help Rowan unwrapped his gifts at the age of three. Rowan giggled clapping his small hands when a puppy popped its head out. He leaped onto Rowan to lick his face. "Woof! Woof!"

Rowan hugged the puppy and grinned widely. "Puppeeeeee!" his high pitched voice echoed inside the estate. Soon, an eruption of voices followed as Rowan began rolling around in the mountains of the paper wrappers.

Scarlet tilted her head up, and Raoul looked down, placing a light kiss on her temple as Raoul dived into the endless amount of gifts under the piney overly decorated tree. The music was light, barely lingering in the air. White lights flashed everywhere from the curtains to the beating fireplace.

The Hood's family members surrounded scarlet and Raoul. Scarlet looked up and smile. "Rowan, say hi to Uncle Rumple."

Rumple leaned down, tickling Rowan red nose with his forefinger. "So, you must be the next little red. You are surely going to be a heartbreaker one day," he whispered "- such a cute child." He waves his arms around and a gold string necklace appeared, "deserve a one of a kind gift."

"Rowan, say thank Uncle Rumple," Scarlet said.

Rowan placed out his hand, and Rumple dropped the necklace into his palm. "Tank you!" he chirped while Rumple pats his head.

Joyous laughter filled the air and Raoul couldn't help but get swept with the current. A tap on his shoulder caught his attention, and he turned around to see Axe. "It's time."

Raoul stood there, gazing at the blood moon with Rowan laying between his arms. For that past two years, he had been learning about the Hood's family business to help Scarlet. True to Axe's words, Raoul wasn't proud of everything he had done.

His eyes met Axe.

"Does Scarlet know about this?"

"No...but she will."

"Is it possible to...not tell her?"

"What are you suggesting?"

"Is it possible for little red duties not to produce the product, but only deal it?"

A low giggling sound caught his attention, and he looked down to see Rowan sweet smile as he nuzzles in the bundle of blankets. With his free hand, Raoul placed it on his chest. He no longer feel the pain of rejecting his mate.

A few months after he entered the Hood's estate, Raoul felt an intense pain shocking through every fiber of his body which bedridden him for nearly twenty-four hours. Raoul knew, in no doubt, it was his mate.

Raoul knew what had happened to Lyla. However, at that particular moment, when he woke up seeing Scarlet's teary eyes as she continued to scream and hit him - he was glad Lyla was gone.

His eyes rested towards Scarlet. She was in the middle of the crimson circle with Ruby.

The leave fluttered in the forest as the wind howled and tore their brethren from branches to ground. Raoul held Rowan closer to his chest as the Earth shaken, with every Hood's family member present.

Once finished, Scarlet turned towards Raoul and rushed to his side. Raoul noticed her eyes gleaming red before it flashed back to her normal color. She looked up from Rowan and smiled, "Still no regret?"

Raoul knew that if this was a story, he nor anyone present were not heroes.

His eyes traced up, to see deathly white skin pulled tight against bones while their eyes open wide - bloody murderers.

It isn't real.

Raoul was getting suck deeper and deeper into the darkness.

It isn't real.

If he weren't familiar with rotten bodies, he would scream so hard; his throat would go dry.

They were clearly the villains.

Scarlet takes a step towards him and the blood drenched his white shirt, the light still glistening in her eye.

It isn't real.

He could still hear it - the screams and shrieks echoing viciously in the midst of silence.

It isn't real.

Breath pale against the numbing air; he watched as she blinked thoughtfully with the frost patiently kissed her face. He was utterly captivated by the soft, dusty illusions of light that sat heavy on her eyelashes.

He can't help but think - I don't regret a thing.

He shooked his head, a smile on his face as he leaned down for her sweet cherry lips, "Never."

Tilting his green hat down, he sighed as his fingers twirled the gun. "I guess she decided to take over the family business...Shame...I really liked her...She was one of my nicer cousins."

The guy beside him smirked, "Feeling homesick?"

He returned his smirked, "Want to kick me out of the gang that badly?"

The other guy folded his arms, as he lifted a brow, "You know I can't do that to you...Robin Hood...After all, what's a coup d'état without a leader."

Another stepped out of the shadow, and Robin turned around to see a deep scar etched across her beautiful face as her eyes glared spitefully at the embracing couple. "Ready to go?" her tone was harshed and cold.

He tucked his gun to the side of his belt and nodded, a smirk etching across his lips, "Ready when you are, Lyla."

Robin turned back to the scenery in front of them. Glittering snowflakes fell soundlessly, taking their time before they reached their destined places of rest, enveloping everything in a calm, silent coldness blanketing the momentous distress. Robin doesn't know what will happen next, but he does know that soon - it will be a Christmas painted red.

 Robin doesn't know what will happen next, but he does know that soon - it will be a Christmas painted red