IX. The Hood's Family

Scarlet hung the sparkly white ornament on the pine tree, as her eyes peeked at a whistling Raoul. He glanced at her, and instinctively she looks away. Biting on her lower lips, she couldn't help but become mesmerized by him.

With his kiss, her brain lit on fire, and the warmth spread throughout her entire body. She swallowed, knowing that she was addicted entirely, barely able to breathe when he was around her.

Shaking her head, she dug her hand into the box of ornaments only to feel the warmth. Instantly, she strikes her hand back, hearing the thump-thump inside her chest.

"What's wrong, Scar?" Raoul whispered as Scarlet fell on her bottom.

"Nothing," she said, grabbing another ornament and rushed to the other side of the tree, away from Raoul.

Quickly, he followed her, but she dodges him by motioning deeper inside. Before she knew it, she was caught in the corner of the room.

"Scar...Why aren't you looking at me?"

She stared at the lamp to the side, "What are you talking about?" she chuckled.

"You're avoiding my eyes," he said, bending his knees and tilting his head to the side to look at her.

Scarlet turned her head, covering her face with her hair. "N-No I'm not," she said, averting her eyes once more.

Gently, he lifted a hand and tucked her hair behind her redden ear as she held her breath. Without realizing it, her eyes were slam shut as her legs trembled. He held her chin up, feeling his lips brushing against hers. It wasn't innocent like a tease, but fiery...a passion that made her weak.

She wants to pull away before she loses herself, but she can't seem to. In the corner of the dark room, her senses had been seduced. "Scarlet," he whispered slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savor them. "You're so beautiful," his words like a toxic drug against her ears.

That was it.

At that moment, Scarlet realized that Raoul was a natural tempter.

Gently, he presses his lips against hers. He pushes himself farther into her, squeezing her deeper into the wall, not allowing her to breathe as his tongue thrust deep into her mouth.

Unlike yesterday kiss, the clothes between them were thin, allowing them to explore each other more. Scarlet grab two fists full of his shirt while his hands squeezed tightly on her bottom. Their tongues explored one another, not leaving any space.

Raoul ate up Scarlet's moans, returning it with a low grunt. Unable to avoid his instinct, his waist thrust into hers, bringing Scarlet undeniable ecstatic pleasure.

A low coughing sound caught her attention, and instantly Scarlet pushed Raoul away, wiping the saliva from her lips. Annabella stood in the middle of the living room as her eyes traced down towards a specific budge causing Raoul to blush harshly. He lowered his hands, covering it, and rushes to the bathroom.

Annabella sighed, then walked towards her usual rocking chair. She tilted her head towards the couch, and Scarlet nodded, knowing she wants to talk.

Annabella began rocking the wooden chair. "Tell me, Little Red. What did I just saw?"

She bit her lower plump lips. "It wasn't what it looks like, grandma," she began fidgeting with her wrinkled shirt.

Annabella raised a brow. "Really? Because it looks like Raoul was eating you," she chuckled.

Scarlet groaned, "Grandma!"

She shook her head, "Your parents told me to ask you to call them," her eyes skewed towards the door, Raoul exited, "To talk to them about a problem."

Scarlet scratched her head and reached for the phone, hearing ring only once before a click arrived. "Sweetheart?" her mother voice rang inside her ear.

"Hello, mother."

She sighed, "Do you like your new puppy?"

Scarlet grounded her molars against one another. "Raoul is not a puppy."

Her mother chuckled lightly, "Of course he is not"

"Mother. What exactly is it that you want?"

"Sweetheart. I just want to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine, mother. Just enjoying the holiday with grandma."

"You're still mad at your father and me for keeping the family business a secret. Arent you?"

"Oh no, I'm not mad at the fact that our family deals drugs all around the world through baking goods at all!"

Her mother sighed, "Okay. You're still quite upset, so your father and I will give you some more time."

Scarlet rested an elbow on the couch armrest with her palm on her temple, trying to figure out how her mother was able to make everything sound so casual.

"Oh, one more thing, sweetheart. Did you give grandma the cookies?"

Scarlet jolted up slightly, remembering the cookie still laying inside her jacket. "Yes," she lied.

"Excellent. I got to go. I'll call you again soon, sweetheart," the phone call clicked off.

The chair continued rocking as Scarlet twirled the phone between her fingers, wondering if she should ask a friend to check out the cookie. "So, what are you going to do about the boy?" Annabella asked.

"I don't know."

"He seemed to be quite attached to you, and this may be a problem."

Scarlet nods, "I know, particularly if he finds his soulmate."

"Is he still insisting that you are his soulmate?"

She nods.

"Tell me, Little Red. When exactly are you going to tell the boy that the Moon Goddess cursed the Hood's family line? How the Hood's family aren't allowed to have soulmates."