4: Too Good To Be True

Georgina and Leo both refused to get the vaccination until they had seen Selena, but Jimin had explained that they weren't allowed past the inside gates until they had been seen to. After they still refused, Jimin had rolled up his sleeve to show the scar of a bite on his bicep, and Shownu had once again shown the bite on his chest (pulling his shirt down from the neck this time), and after discussing it with each other a little, they had agreed to let Thalia vaccinate them.

Once they were done, Jimin and Yoongi went back through the cabin's front door to go in through the main gates, and Shownu accompanied Thalia in taking the girls to the isolation room at the Medical Centre. They had a whole floor dedicated to isolation, as when they had first started expanding their camp, people had flocked to them once they had heard the good news. Now, it was usually a trickle of people coming in, so they were only using one room.

"Georgina! Leo!" Selena bolted out of the bed to her friends, wrapping her arms around them at the same time they threw their arms around her, "I'm so glad you're okay!" She looked up at Shownu, her cheeks pink, "Thank you for bringing them to me!"

Shownu cleared his throat, "Ah, well, I said I would. Jimin was the one who found them, though,"

Selena smiled at him, "I don't know who that is, but thank you,"

"He's- never mind, they'll go through everything with you when you come out tomorrow,"

"Tomorrow?" Georgina asked, pulling away from her friends and turning to look at the soldier, "What do you mean?"

"You have to stay in isolation for twenty-four hours," Thalia explained, gently guiding Leo to a bed before doing the same for Georgina, "Just so we can keep an eye on you and make sure you don't have any signs of the Shakes,"

"What's that?" Leo asked, gratefully sitting down on the soft bed. She hadn't been able to get a good nights sleep in a long time, so this was much appreciated.

"A horrible illness," Thalia finished, "You're safe here, girls, you should get some sleep while you can. The only thing is that I will have to lock you in here, to make sure you stay isolated, but there will be someone outside, just in case-"

"I'll wait outside," Shownu said, his eyes flickering to Selena, "Having someone they know might make them feel better,"

Thalia smiled at him and patted his arm, "Not because they're three pretty girls?" She teased, making his face burn.

"No!" He spluttered, "Because-"

"I was just teasing," Thalia laughed, "Well, you all get some rest. I'll have lunch brought to you, later,"

"If we're in isolation," Georgina said suddenly, "Why aren't you wearing PPE's? Especially because you're pregnant,"

Thalia turned to look at her, her eyes wide, "Were you a nurse?"

"I was about to start training to be one," Georgina replied, "But the infection broke out,"

Thalia smiled, her hand moving to her very slightly swollen stomach, "Is it that obvious that I'm pregnant? I'm safe, though, don't worry. You can begin training here if you'd like. That was a good question, but it's simply because we can't spare that kind of stuff. We only use it when necessary. You're in here as a precaution, but our blood tests can detect certain illnesses by now. Bee just wanted to make sure,"

"Who is this Bee I keep hearing about?" Leo muttered, "That's all he kept saying, Bee, Bee, Bee,"

The nurse and Shownu glanced at each other before she smiled at Leo, "I'm guessing you spoke to Yoongi. Bee is our lead scientist; the woman in charge, if you will. Jimin's wife. He's in charge, but those two are equal, so... We all trust her and follow her. She's-"

"I don't really care," Leo yawned, laying down on the bed, "I'm going to try and rest now, seeing as I have the chance,"

Thalia nodded and led Shownu from the room and locked the door, handing him the key.

"I think she has a thing for the Sarge," Shownu said, "She kept staring at him,"

"Already?" Thalia sighed, "That was quick. Saying that, you and Selena..." She trailed off, grinning at him and he narrowed his eyes.

"She's cute, so what?"

"I'm just teasing," She smiled at him, before heading back to the main part of the Medical Centre to finish up her other work.

***

"Does this place seem too good to be true?" Georgina asked quietly as she lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling, "They aren't going to feed us human meat, are they? I mean, I've seen it in movies,"

"I only got some sort of vegetable soup for dinner," Selena said, "It was really good. And this morning, I got toast! Toast! There's been no meat so far. I'm sure when we get out of this ward they'll explain it all to us,"

"I'm with Georgina," Leo said, "This place is weird. They're all really into this Bee person,"

"Aren't you just mad 'cause you got the hots for her husband?" Georgina grinned, "I saw you staring at him,"

Leo narrowed her eyes, "I think he's hot, but I've only just met him," She said, "I'm just saying that this place seems like a weird cult,"

Selena shrugged, "I don't know. Even though I've only been in this part, I like it here. The people are nice but they seem very..." She trailed off, searching for the word, "They seem like the army? Like I think all the men I've met are military, they seem disciplined and-" She laughed, "Apart from the guy with the chicken, I don't think he was military, but Shownu at least,"

"Eh, Shownu?" Georgina grinned at her, "Have you got a crush, too?"

Selena blushed, "He's sweet,"

"I bet," 

"Shut up,"

"Either way," Georgina said, "We should stick together and check the place out before we judge any more. Maybe it is too good to be true, but maybe not. After all, they did vaccinate us against the infection,"

"We'll see," Leo huffed, "Can we sleep now?"

---

AN: Okay so yeah it's already longer than I originally wanted, and I think it'll be more than the planned ten chapters sooooooooooooooooo you might get another full book XD

Also yes! Thalia and Hyungwon are finally having a baby of their own!!!!!!!!!!!