13: Pastry

Selena was a little disappointed that she reached the door of her cabin so quickly, and when Shownu left, she followed him with her eyes until he was out of sight.

With a sigh, she flopped onto her bunk face first.

"I'll never get the courage to talk to him properly," She grunted, "Why am I like this?"

"Maybe he'll talk to you properly first, instead?" Selena lifted her head and rolled over when she heard Georgina's voice. She pushed herself upright, rubbing at her face.

"Is Leo okay?"

Georgina sighed and sat on her own bunk, "I don't really know," She said, "As soon as Thalia got the medication, Yoongi brought me back here. I don't understand what's going on,"

"You said the Doctor knocked her out?" Selena asked as Georgina got herself ready for bed, "What happened?"

With another sigh, Georgina lay down on the bunk, "Leo told me she made a move on Sergeant Park. He told her no and sent her to the house, but when she got there, she got really mad and went for Dr Park. She punched her and broke her nose,"

"We told her to leave them alone," Selena sighed, "But do you think that..." She trailed off and Georgina frowned.

"Think what?"

"Do you think that the Doctor is experimenting on her or something?" Selena asked, "Because she did try and steal her husband, and then she attacked her. What if She's experimenting on Leo and using some illness as an excuse?"

Georgina was quiet for a moment before speaking, "I don't know," She said quietly, "I don't think so, but we haven't been here that long, and Leo did something quite bad. Maybe... Maybe she is. I mean, Dr Park created the cure, right? She's had to experiment on people before. Maybe she's inventing some new vaccination or something,"

The room fell into an uncomfortable silence, before Selena lay back down, "Let's just go to sleep. If they don't let us see her in the morning, we'll know that we're being lied to,"

***

"Good morning, Selena," Daisy said brightly from her position at a counter as Selena walked into the kitchen, "Did you sleep okay?"

Selena shrugged, pulling on an apron and moving to help the cook. She was tired, and her mind threw strange dreams at her all night, all regarding Leo.

"I'm sorry about your friend," Daisy said gently, "Jimin explained that she's sick,"

Selena paused. She would have thought that Daisy would be angry at Leo for what she did, but she actually sounded concerned.

"You don't hate her?" She asked, a little suspicious, "Because of what she did?"

The woman smiled at her, "Well, I'm not happy with her, but nothing can shake Jimin and Bee's relationship. They've been through a lot over the years; even before I met them. But nobody deserves to be sick,"

Selena nodded. She wasn't going to get very much information about Leo from Daisy, and seeing as she had to help with breakfast, she instead decided to ask about the Doctor and the Sergeant to pass the time until she was free for a little.

"What kind of stuff did they go through?" Daisy glanced up at her and Selena cleared her throat, "Sergeant and Doctor Park, that is,"

"Ah," Daisy smiled, "Well, I actually met Jimin first. He, Jin..." She sighed, "And three others were on a mission, looking for Jungkook when they found me. I was being chased by a dead one, but I had an injured leg. They took me in and healed me up. I went with them while they finished their mission, and they all thought that Bee was dead. When they found Jungkook, Bee was there too. She punched him and then kneed him between his legs. Apparently, she was on a mission with them before and they had been overrun. They thought she was dead, but she had gotten out alive and he left her behind,"

Selena gasped and Daisy laughed, "He's never lived it down. It's sort of a running joke now, in our family. But they're strong together, and even stronger with all of us at their backs. They are the reason the camp runs so smoothly,"

"But you organise feeding the entire camp," Selena said, "And Thalia organises all the vaccinations and things. I've not really seen Bee do anything,"

"Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not true," Daisy said, passing a tray of what looked like pastry to Selena, "Put that in the oven, please. Ten minutes. Jin will be here in a minute, please don't let him eat anything before the kitchen is open, you know what he's like,"

"Where are you going?" Selena asked, watching as Daisy removed her apron and picked up a box.

"I'm taking food to Bee and Leo," She said, "We can't have them go hungry. Make sure Jin doesn't steal any of the food!"

---

AN: What even is this chapter -___-

Anyway, the book will be coming to an end soon, it won't be super long like the others, sorry!