14: Wide Eyes

When Leo opened her eyes, her throat felt dry and she had a banging headache. A quick look to her left made her realise that she was in some kind of prison cell in a laboratory, but when she tried to move her arms, she began to panic. She was strapped onto a bed with tubes coming out of her in a lab.

She squeaked in fear as she began to struggle, trying to free herself from the bonds; but no matter how hard she tugged, she could not get free. She stopped moving suddenly when she heard voices and closed her eyes, feigning unconsciousness so she could try and figure out what was going on.

"I was hoping she would have woken up by now," Leo heard a female voice sigh, "The treatments should have worked,"

"Keep trying," A male voice responded gently, "I know you'll get her better. I'll bring you something to eat, okay?"

Leo opened her eyes just a tiny amount and could see the scientist, Bee, sit just on the other side of the bars.

"Why didn't it work?" She muttered to herself, looking down at some kind of notebook, "I did what Tae did, he said that always worked,"

Leo recognised the name Tae. She was pretty sure it was one of the people who were buried by the outer gates and wondered why Bee was mentioning him again. The way that Jimin had spoken about him made her curious.

"Who is Tae?" She asked, her voice more like a croak after being unused for so long.

"You're awake?" Bee jumped up, her eyes wide as she rushed into the pen, closing the door behind her, "How are you feeling?" 

She began checking the monitors, before bringing a straw to Leo's lips, "It's water, have a sip,"

Leo greedily gulped the water down, sighing in satisfaction once she was done.

"Why am I strapped down?" She asked, struggling a little again, "Let me out,"

"Ah, sorry," Bee said, quickly unbuckling the straps, "We had no choice. You were very sick, Leo, it was the only way to keep you safe,"

"Sick?" Leo pushed herself upright and stretched, letting out a grunt, "I- I don't remember anything after..." She trailed off, her eyes growing wide, "I- I..."

"It's in the past," Bee said, her voice strong, "If we can both move on, it will be better for everyone,"

Leo nodded, still looking at the blonde scientist, "I'm sorry,"

Bee smiled a little, "You're not the first person to go after my husband," She said, "He is attractive, after all,"

"It's so rare to hear you say that," A male voice cut through the room, "I feel all tingly,"

Bee turned, rolling her eyes, "Jimin," She said, "Did you bring enough food for Leo?"

"I did," Jimin placed two little plates on a clear counter and moved towards the pen, "How are you feeling?"

Leo shrugged, "I have a bit of a headache, but-"

"I meant are you feeling angry? Or like you want to hit someone?" Jimin cut her off, "Because-"

"No!" Leo said quickly, "No, I would never, I'm not like that, I don't know what happened!"

"It's alright," Bee said gently, "Like I said, you were sick. Come out and eat something, and then we can decide what's going to happen next,"

***

"Hello beautiful," 

Selena smiled and turned away. Usually, she would cringe at the sight of a couple greeting each other, but Jin and Daisy were both just so cute, that she couldn't help but smile. Especially at Daisy's response.