17: Quiet

Jungkook climbed down the ladder as fast as he could before jumping on the back of his stallion and urging him into a canter. Yoongi was radioing the other tower and Jimin to let them know, so Jungkook's job was to tell everyone he came across to hide.

"Horde!" He called as loudly as he dared at the people in the fields, who all dropped what they were doing and ran for the closest building; the dining hall. Jimin had expressed before that he disliked that there were so many people hiding in one area, but there wasn't enough time for each of them to go to their own cabin or reunite with loved ones. They had no choice but to hide together. As long as they were silent, there wouldn't be an issue.

Jungkook was urging everyone he could see to hide and could see Jimin and two other soldiers doing the same in various other parts of the camp. Yoongi and Jin, who were in the towers had told their horses to go back to the stable (Hyungwon had worked hard to train them to return to their homes if they were not told to stay) and he could see them trotting quickly through the now empty camp.

"Everyone accounted for?" Jimin asked quietly as he pulled up his horse next to Jungkook.

"I'll do a quick sweep," Jungkook said, "Then I'll go to the house,"

Jimin nodded, "Quickly," He turned his head to the two other soldiers behind him, "Go to the dining hall. Move,"

The soldiers thundered  off on their horses towards the dining hall and both he and Jungkook did another sweep of the grounds, and just as they could see the first few dead ones stumble through the treeline, they headed back into the stable and locked it up tight, before going straight to the basement of the manor house.

"What's happening?" Leo asked, her eyes wide as Junhong brought the children into the lab, "This place isn't safe for children,"

"Horde," Bee said, taking Breea from the young teacher's arms and helping him guide the older children into the pen at the back. A moment later, Shownu came in, followed quickly by Jimin and Jungkook.

"Wait, I want to be with my friends," Leo said, "I can't leave them-"

"You can't leave here," Jimin said, stepping into her path, "Camp rules. You have to remain hidden,"

"What if something happens?" Leo argued, "They'll be alone!"

"Selena is with Daisy," Shownu said, "And half the population of the camp. They're in the Dining hall. Georgina is with Thalia and Hyungwon. As long as everyone is quiet, the dead ones should just go past,"

"I'll get some books for the kids," Junhong mumbled, brushing out the lab to get some of the children's books that had been left in the storage room next to Bee's office.

Leo paced up and down the lab, "But I've only had them for years, if-"

"You have to trust our system," Bee said, placing her hand on Leo's shoulder, "It hasn't failed us yet. We will all be fine, as long as we stay quiet,"

***

"Isn't it hard to be away from everyone?" Georgina asked quietly. Hyungwon and Thalia had moved the three patients in the Medical Centre into one room and Hyungwon was peering out the window slightly.

"It is," Thalia agreed, pulling Georgina so she sat, "But we haven't got time to run to our loved ones. This is the best method, and it's only failed once,"

Georgina frowned, "Why did it fail?"

"We used to have this man with us," Hyungwon whispered, coming away from the window, "He managed to bring in some kind of drugs and he got really high and ran out of his cabin screaming at the dead ones. The fence held but..." He cleared his throat, "We had to kick him out. He came back a few weeks later and tried to shoot the people in the fields through the fence. Yoongi had to put him down,"

Georgina gasped, "That's horrible!"

Thalia nodded, "But there are no problems here now, thank God. It's why the issue with Leo was taken so seriously. Well, Jimin should have gone with her back to the house, but we understand why he sent her there alone. He was angry, but more than that, cleaning those graves is important to us,"

"It won't happen again," Georgina assured her, "Leo was sick, and-"

"We know," Hyungwon smiled, peeking out the window again, "Now it's time to be quiet. The horde are outside,"

***

"Has anyone seen Selena?" Daisy whispered, walking through the dining hall, "Selena? The dark haired girl who works in the kitchen with me? Oh my God, has anyone seen her?"

Everyone shook their heads from their seats. As nobody was moving around, it was easy for Daisy to walk up and down searching for her, but she was nowhere to be found.

***

The radio on Jimin's hip crackled, and he lifted it quickly, "What is it?"

"Is Selena with you?" Daisy's voice sounded panicked, "She's not with me and she's not with Thalia at the Medical Centre. Please tell me she's with you!"

Leo's heart dropped as Jimin frowned and spoke, "She's not here, Daisy. Calm down, she probably went to her cabin,"

There was a pause and Daisy's shaky voice sounded again, "Okay. Okay, I'll just wait it out. I'm sure she's fine,"

Leo felt herself panicking, but Shownu looked even more worried.

"Jungkook and I checked," Jimin said confidently, "She wasn't out and about,"

Jungkook nodded, cuddling his chicken to his chest, "We didn't see anybody, everyone was hiding,"

Shownu relaxed a little and nodded, "She probably hid in a cabin,"

"That's right," Jimin said, "She-"

"Jimin," Jin's voice came from the radio, interrupting him, "There's a girl walking about back here. The horde isn't around the back yet, but they're getting close. I can't leave the tower, I won't have time to get back up here!"

Shownu was striding towards the door before Jin had even finished speaking.

"I'll go and get her," He said, his voice strong, "I'll make sure the dead ones don't see anybody,"

"Be careful," Jungkook said as he headed out the door.

"Don't worry," Shownu smiled, "Just stay quiet,"

And then he was gone.