18: Cute

Shownu's Ghost training had come in handy. He snuck through the camp on silent feet, and felt a lot more confident in his stealth skills than he had ever before. He was terrified, however, that it was Selena who was out and about, but was more worried that she would be seen and their home would come under attack.

He headed out towards the tower at the back of the camp, where Jin was stationed, and paused, his back against the wall of a cabin when he saw the horde of dead ones ambling past. All it took was for one of them to notice him, and they were done for.

He couldn't see anyone, and moved around through the cabins to get a different angle of perspective, just to make sure. As he reached the final cabin, he noticed someone laying in the tall grass by the fence. He leaned forward just far enough to get a decent view, and felt his body tense a little.

He dropped down to his stomach and slowly crawled out to the person curled up in the grass. As he got closer, Selena's head jerked up, her eyes wide, but she relaxed when she saw who it was. Shownu moved up beside her, wrapping an arm around her, and she cuddled into him, burying her face in his chest. He could feel her heart pounding and the trembles moving up and down her body was intense. He held her silently, gently running his fingers up and down her back in an effort to calm her until after what felt like hours, the sounds of moaning and the stench of death began to fade.

It was silent, but Shownu knew that they had to wait for the all clear from the towers before they could move.

"It's clear, Shownu," Jin called from the tower, "They're gone,"

The soldier sat up, bringing Selena with him.

"What happened?" He asked, wiping the dirt from her face, "Why were you out here?"

"I was using the bathroom," Selena said, "When I came out, nobody was around. I couldn't figure out why, this is my first time having a horde go past. I saw them and I knew that if I ran they'd see me, so I just hid in the grass,"

Shownu sighed and pulled her into him, holding her again, "You scared us," He said, "Daisy was panicking because you weren't there. Next time everyone has vanished, you should hide straight away,"

Selena nodded, "Yeah, I will. I'm sorry,"

"Don't be," Shownu smiled, "Nobody was hurt and we weren't seen. You're lucky you were smart enough to hide in the grass. We are lucky you're smart enough to hide in the grass. If they saw you, the camp would be in trouble,"

"Would the gates not hold?" Selena asked as she stood up, dusting herself off.

"They did last time," Shownu said, following suit, "But with that amount of unyielding pressure, there's a chance that the outer gates could fall. We work hard to keep them strong, but there's no guarantee of safety,"

"That's comforting," Selena muttered sarcastically.

Shownu laughed, "Well, you're safe in here," He said, "Unless you're seen by a horde and they knock the fences down. Is that better?"

Selena laughed, "A little, I guess,"

The soldier began walking her back towards the dining hall, where people were starting to emerge. He cleared his throat, his cheeks heating up as he turned to her.

"Hey, I was wondering," He said, "Seeing as it's late now. I was wondering if after dinner, you'd want to- Well if you want to, you can..." He cleared his throat again, "Do you want to-"

"You idiot!" Leo cried, coming out of nowhere and leaping on her friend, "I was so worried! Why the hell were you wandering around at a time like that?! Didn't you realise-"

"I think you just interrupted them," Georgina also appeared out of nowhere, grabbing Leo by her arm and pulling her back, "Carry on, don't mind us,"

She had a smirk on her face and Shownu narrowed his eyes. She was definitely enjoying him being uncomfortable.

Selena turned her attention back to him, looking at him expectantly. Shownu's eyes flickered to the two girls, who were watching happily, before looking back at the girl in front of him.

"What were you saying?"

"It doesn't matter," He muttered, "I should get back to Jimin. We'll need to do some patrols,"

"Tell me?" Selena reached out, touching his arm with wide eyes. He felt himself crumble under that gaze, and the blush on his cheeks grew hotter.

"I was wondering if you wanted to stay the night with me at the manor house," He mumbled, the heat spreading to his ears and down his neck.

"Oooh," Georgina and Leo said, "Someone wants to get it on,"

"Stop it," Selena snapped at them, also blushing, "Leave him alone,"

The girls fell into giggles as Selena turned back to him, "I would love to," She said, shooting her friends a glare.

"I'll uh... I'll wait for you after we have dinner," He said sheepishly, "We can-"

"Dinner!" Selena cried suddenly, jumping back, "I need to get to the kitchen! Bye, Shownu!"

"Ah, yeah, bye," Shownu called after her, before turning and glaring at her giggling friends, who were still stood with him, "Stop that,"

"You're both so cute," Georgina sighed, "I want a cute guy, too,"

"Me too," Leo said, "Someone who asks so nicely if they can have sex," She fluttered her eyelashes at him and Shownu rolled his eyes, turning away from them as they began to giggle again.

"You're both extremely annoying," He told them as he headed back towards the house.

"And you're so cute!" Came the loud reply, before more sounds of giggles.

---

AN: Have a wonderful Christmas or a fantastic break, depending on what you celebrate. And all the best for the new year!!!