My Hart's in My Throat

"HAN!" Julie shouts as I put my arm on her back. No, I'm not about to get romantic with her, she is ridiculously drunk and can't walk in a straight line. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a candidate for the Miss Sober award either, but I can handle the booze much better than most. "I'm coming Han don't worry!" "You have no idea how many times I've heard that before..." I mutter, but apparently not quietly enough because she laughs uncontrollably and I smirk while still guiding her into the B section of the building. As we're walking I quickly take a look at her butt, but she's wearing sweatpants. Dammit. Isn't a nice butt a  volleyball requirement? "We're here Julie. Where's your key?" "Son of a bitch! I think it's in my kitchen! I told the guy that runs this place I need another set but I didn't have enough time! Fuck!" I sigh quietly and try to be the nice person I usually am. "Ok, crash at my place. But I'm putting you on the day bed because I don't want you to throw up all over my sheets. Decent thread counts are getting damn pricey." I reply, guiding her to my apartment. I fumble with my keys and finally open the door. I had no idea what to do to make her feel at home so i just gave her some blankets if she needed them and awkwardly patted her on the head before pattering over to my room where I trip over my rug and then get into bed and immediately fall asleep.

I wake up pretty late the next morning and my head is actually pretty foggy. I walk into the living room to see Julie sprawled across the day bed with all of the blankets on her. I try to quietly make crepes, but the griddle is freaking noisy so I just figured she'd be able to sleep through it. Julie wakes up about twenty minutes later, and she smiles at me. "What happened last night?" she says to me. "You were blitzed and need keys for something. And now you're here." "Oh god! I need to go get that spare key! See you Han thanks a million!" she winks at me before telling me she owes me one. I laugh and she rushes out to get her keys. True, she's scatterbrained, but she's nice enough. Did I mention her looks? God, she was the American Aphrodite. She had thick brunette hair that waved just slightly with hazel eyes that could be playful or could provide a look into her soul. I bit my lip and hoped she left something here so I could talk to her again.