Dark Paradise- Day 2

Hello again! Hope you all are enjoying, I figured out where my story will be going after the cruise ship and all of that awesomeness so...yeah. Onto the information I will share!

Personal story: I laughed at my mom when she cried at a scene in Grey's Anatomy; it's great to lack a soul.

Advice: We are born kind, curious, and original. Don't you dare lose that in the world, we have enough mindless beings. Don't be another goddamn victim of society.

Random fact: Japan's literacy rate is almost 100%. You go Japan!

HARTO'S POV!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I nimbly slide out of the stiff bed, stretching my muscles and walking towards the small bathroom. I wash my face and brush my teeth, and then I put on my sneakers and quietly close the cabin door so I don't wake Julie up. We were up late last night, talking about past expeditions and trips we wanted to take in the future.
As I walk down the hallway, I hear a quiet "Hannah!" whispered from the hallway. I spin around, startled, when I see Grace walking towards me, dressed in workout gear.

"Hey Grace! What's up?"

"Nothing really, pretty sure Mames is hungover and I need to find the gym."

"Oh, cool. I'm going to the promenade, I want to walk a few laps," I say, as the ship gently rocks, causing me to lean closer to her. We keep walking, and after grabbing a bowl of fruit together at the Lido buffet, we go our separate ways, with me going down seven flights in order to get to the walking track.

According to the chart I had walked almost five miles, I wasn't even aware of my distance, I just wanted time to reflect. I was never one for sporadic ideas and decisions, so agreeing to this vacation surprised me just as much as it surprised Julie.

I climbed the stairs up to the pool, grabbing a chair and feeling the eighty-five degree heat warm my body. I jump up from my chair as I decide there's something I need to do. I run to the shops on Deck Six, searching like a madman for what I wanted. I found something close to what I wanted, so I buy it, even though it's completely overpriced. I take the elevator to the pool, mainly because my calves were on fire and I didn't need to collapse. I find the same chair by the pool, and I recline, opening the notebook, and I start to write about anything and everything.
*************************************************************************************************************
"I loved that notebook. It really helped me organize my thoughts...I discovered myself on that ship."

"Interesting. Do you still have that notebook?" She says, her gray eyes flicking up to mine.

I cough, trying to clear the emotion in my throat.

"No. I...I don't know what happened to it."

We both knew that was complete bullshit, but she lets me continue.
************************************************************************************************************
I walk into the gym, and I notice Grace on the elliptical, gazing out to the magnificent views of the open ocean. Before speaking to her, I stared out the window for a few moments. As the sun hit the ocean, it shimmered like a polished sapphire.

I walk over to Grace, and she looks at me and smiles.

"Hey! How was your... Hannah Hart, is that a notebook?! You never write!" She says, the shock evident on her face as she steps off the machine and grabs a cold towel.

"I know, I just, I guess I just needed it. I needed to write, so I did." She raises an eyebrow, and I shrug, as surprised at myself as she is.

After Grace gets a cup of coffee and I get my chai tea, we walk down the hallway to our rooms, performing a balancing act with the ship's movement.
****************************************************************************************
"I feel that life is a balancing act," I say, interrupting myself. "What if the ship is life, and the rocking is minor things, while the crashes and storms are the horrible things life throws at us? Does that make any sense?"