Red Red Wine- Day 7

A DOUBLE UPDATE? WHAT?!

Yes ma'am/sir! 

Personal Story: Well, nothing really happene- JUST KIDDING. I PLAYED BIG BANG THEORY TRIVIA. I lost to my cousin, but I got to be Leonard, so I was fine.

Quote: "You cannot open a book without learning something."  -Confucius

Advice: If you wouldn't want your best friend to find out about it, then don't do it.

Fun Fact: 70% of our oxygen is made by the oceans. 

To the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ow. My eyes slowly open, and the only thing I'm aware of is how sore my neck is. As I finally open my eyes, I'm confused. Did Julie and I fall asleep on the balcony? We're leaning into each other, the wicker chairs leaving imprints on our skin. I slowly get up, determined not to wake her. I walk around her to the door, and open it quietly. I walk to the shower and start to massage my neck, determined to get the knots out of it. 

As I'm in my towel looking for clothes, Grace peeks around the divider door.

"Hey, Hannah? I was wond- oh man, sorry. I'll ask later." She says, as she sees my towel.

"What is it with you and Mamrie? You guys always catch me when I'm not ready!" I protest, wrapping the towel tighter around me. She steps into the room, closing the door. 

"I'll turn around," She says, turning her back to me, "but I need to ask you something."

"Ok. What's so important?"

"Mamrie...well...Mamrie ate some paint..." She says quietly.

"MAMRIE ATE PAINT?!?!" I say, shocked.

"Yeah, she said it was non-toxic, and for kids, but I think she's feeling sick." She says, turning around.

"Grace!" I say, struggling to button my shirt.

"Sorry. Sorry. I forgot." She says.

"Ok. Well. Girl might need to go to the infirmary." I reply, grabbing my shoes before ripping open the divider door.

"Mamrie, you ate paint? What the fuck, man?" I ask, turning the lights on with no warning.

"Just a little. It was on the side of the ship and I was drunk." She says, groaning.

"Grace, stay with her. I'll get some water and tea. Mames, don't eat paint."

"Ok, but when my stomach is getting pumped and I see that cute-ass doctor, I'll be like da-" 

"Mamrie. Shh." Grace says, sitting next to her on the bed.

I walk out, heading to the lowest passenger floor rather than the buffet. I take the stairs, skipping a few on my way down. I sit down in the small infirmary, waiting for a nurse to notice me.

"Hi, hon. What's wrong?" A male nurse says to me, glancing at me.

"Oh, I'm fine. It's my friend, she, uh, she ate paint."

"Sorry?" He says, confused.

"She was totally shit-faced, and she licked a little bit of paint from the side of the ship off her finger. She's having an upset stomach. Does she need to come down here?"

"No, our paint is non-toxic, but...well, I'll give her some stomach medication. She'll be fine in a few hours."

I profusely thank him, relieved that Mames will be okay. i head up to our cabin, clutching the medicine in my hands. I run down the swaying corridor, feeling wasted myself, although that's just from the rocking ship.