Four

Continuing from last chapter:

After my night routine I lay in my bed and smiled thinking about everything that has happened today while slowly drifting off to sleep.
...

Chapter 4|1st Grade (Flashback part 2)

The next day..

"Chaeyoung, wake up! Go get ready

"Chaeyoung, wake up! Go get ready. You're starting first grade today." My mom said while shaking me to wake me up.

I yawned and sat up on my bed and rubbed my eyes. "Alright mom, I'll get ready." I smiled at her and she smiled back.

I got up from my bed and started getting ready. After doing so, I went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Are you excited Chaeyoung?" My mom asked me from across the table. "I am Eomma, but nervous at the same time." I replied honestly.

She chuckled. "Don't worry, you won't be alone." She told me and continued eating.

A few minutes later my mom was driving me to my new school. I looked out the window as we passed a few houses until my mom came to a stop.

I looked up to see a big elementary school and I could see some students walking inside its gates. I got out of the car with my mom and we entered the gate.

This was all new to me, so my mom guided me to my classroom. I was early so there weren't much students inside.

"Now Chaeyoung, don't be nervous okay? I promise everything will be fine." My mom assured and I nodded smiling at her.

"I'll come here later and pick you up. Have fun!" She said and kissed my forehead. "I will Eomma." I said and she walked away.

I watched her retreating figure before going inside my classroom. I stepped inside and they all looked at me.

I awkwardly smiled and waved shyly. Some smiled back and the others just went back to what they were doing. I went over to a seat and sat down.

I waited for the teacher while everyone was busy with what they were doing. I nervously glanced at the ones beside me but they would just look at me and look away afterwards.

The teacher came and everyones attention was diverted to her.

"Good morning students." She greeted and we all replied and bowed. "Good morning Ms. Kim!" She smiled.

"Some of you already know but for those who don't, my name is Kim Minji but you can just call me Ms. Kim." She introduced.

"Today we have two new students." She smiled. 'So I'm not the only one.' I thought. I looked back at the teacher. Her eyes landed on me and she smiled, I smiled back. She was searching for someone but I guess she didn't succeed.

"I guess the other one is late." She told us and looked at me again. "Please introduce yourself then." She told me and I stood up.

I nervously walked in front and faced everyone. I smiled awkwardly and took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Annyeonghaseyo. M-my name is Park Chaeyoung or Rosé, I'm s-seven years old and I'm half Australian, we m-moved in just yesterday. Please take care of me." I told them bowing a couple of times afterwards and slowly going back to my seat.

"Thank you very much Chaeyoung. Now, since the other new student isn't here yet, why don't you all introduce yourselves?" Ms. Kim suggested and they all started to introduce themselves one by one.

💜💜💜

It was almost recess, but I really needed to go. I raised my hand, "Excuse me, Ms. Kim. Can I please go to the bathroom?" I asked her. "Sure Chaeyoung, go ahead." She replied and I thanked her.

I hurried to the door and was about to go out when I bumped into something, more like someone.

We both fell down and I let out a grunt, rubbing my head and looked at the person I bumped into and I had a surprised expression when I saw who it was.

"J-jimin?" I asked. "Chaeyoung?" He asked back. "You're the other new student?" I asked him again and he nodded. "Yeah."

He stood up and held his hand out for me and I took it. The teacher saw us and went towards us. "Oh uh.. Miss. I am very sorry, I'm late." Jimin apologized and the teacher smiled, "Don't worry it's fine."

"Care to introduce yourself?" Ms. Kim asked and he looked at the other students. He waved shyly at them and smiled.

"Uh.. Hi. I'm Park Jimin. I'm seven years old and this year I moved into this school. Please take care of me." He finished and smiled.

"Thank you Jimin. Please, take a seat." The teacher said and Jimin nodded. He sat down at a seat which happened to be behind mine.

I turned around and went to the bathroom, when the bell suddenly rang. "Recess!" The others except Jimin and I cheered and rushed out to the playground.

Jimin stood up from his seat and walked towards me. "Do you still need to go?" He asked me and I nodded. "I'll go with you." He told me and I smiled. "Let's go."

I washed my hands after I was done. I dried them and went outside. Jimin was waiting for me there, he was leaning against a wall and smiled when he saw me.

He stood up straight and turned to me. "Come on, Chaeyoung." He told me and I nodded.

We walked to a bench and sat down, watching the others play. "Have you made any friends?" He asked me and I shook my head. "Why not?" He asked again.

"I-I'm too shy to even talk to anyone." I told him. "Ohh.. okay. But, you don't look shy when you're around me." He pointed out.

"That's because I'm comfortable around you Jimin. I feel like I've known you for so long now." I said. "I feel safe. I'm not nervous around you."

"I feel the same too. I really enjoy being with you." He smiled at me. "Chaeyoung. Can you please be my friend? My BEST FRIEND? I want us to comfort each other whenever we need it and never leave each other's sides. So, what do you say?" He asked with a smile.

I smiled back and I nodded. "I'd LOVE to Jimin. I trust you and that you can always keep me safe and protected." I replied.

We both smiled widely and he suddenly hugged me. "Thank you Chaeyoung. I promise I'll always be with you, no matter what happens." He said and we pulled back.

"And I promise to be with you and make you happy. So that you'll never be lonely, as long as I'm here." I told him.

"Then do you promise to never break the promise?" He asked me and I giggled. "Ofcourse. Do you?" I replied. "Yes. I promise."

                            -----------------------------------
Another long ass chapter. CRINGE. I finally updated. Good news is that, exams have ended. So I'll be updating more often! Woohoo!! I hope to make more chapters soon. Thanks for reading! ^_^

-LisKookie2701❤