Twenty Two

Continuing from last chapter:

I was left no other choice but to do this. I'm being selfish but honestly, I just wanted Irene to stop bothering me.

Pulling the nearest girl by the arm, I quickly grabbed her waist and kissed her. The girl's eyes widened with shock, so I looked at her and apologized with my eyes, also pleading for her to play along. I wonder if she understood.

A few seconds later, I was surprised as she reached her arms up and wrapped them around my neck.

"Irene, meet my girlfriend. Kim Jennie."
...
Chapter 22||Fake Girlfriend

As usual, I walked to school with Jisoo unnie and Lisa, then heading to my locker

"See you guys at lunch." Jisoo unnie waved goodbye and left, "Ne, annyeong unnie." I took my stuff out of my locker and started walking towards my classroom.

While I was minding my own business, a group of students caught my attention. They were all watching something in the middle and I couldn't care less but then I spotted a familiar mop of ash grey hair. Taehyung?

He was with a familiar girl. What? Irene?! What's she doing now?

I headed over to see what was going on, fortunately I squeezed in between some students and got to see the two at, like, front row. That means I can hear and see them clearly.

"-I, have a lovely girlfriend I've been dating since school started?" Taehyung smirked.

Girlfriend? I didn't know he had a girlfriend..

"Not really though, we started dating on the second day of school." He continued talking.

I diverted my eyes to see Irene's reaction, "W-What?! No, that couldn't be possible. I've never seen you with a girl ever since the first day of school." she was surprised at first, but then masked it with a smirk that matched Taehyung's, "You're lying."

"Yeah, that's because we've been keeping things private so nobody actually knows." Taehyung explained but Irene didn't look convinced.

"Really? Prove it then. Make your relationship public, then I'd know if you're really telling the truth." She taunted, smiling.

Poor Tae, forced to reveal his girlfriend right before all these people

"Oh, my gosh. Kim Taehyung has a girlfriend?"

"Woah. I bet she's as gorgeous as him!"

"What?! But what about us? We've stayed loyal in this fanclub just for Taehyung!"

Students who have gathered to hear the interesting conversation started whispering. I snickered upon seeing the reaction of those fangirls. They had always been so annoying.