Twenty Four

Continuing from last chapter:

"Talk about what?" she asked again as Jisoo took her phone out and showed her something. As soon as she saw it her face went red.

"Oh that. ahahaha." Jennie unnie laughs awkwardly as we start to tease her.

Maybe for now, forgetting about him is better than sulking over it.
...
Chapter 24|| lymphoma

Meanwhile in Busan..

I sat there, the doctor looking at me with a sad face

lymphoma

"Isn't that a type of cancer?" I had asked him in which he nodded in response to, "We've detected symptoms of it on your checkup here last time so I had you take tests. And umm, yeah."

i buried my face in my hands. the doctor was explaining things about my condition but the thoughts swirling in my head made me dizzy i couldn't even listen to him.

what is wrong with me? how am i supposed to tell eomma? and now lali's gonna think i'm a jerk because i haven't even responded to her in days, she must be so worried.

When the doctor finished explaining, i thanked him and walked out of the room.

As i stepped foot outside the hall, i was startled to see Tzuyu right in front of me, "Uh hey Kook." she laughed nervously as i raised my eyebrow.

Few minutes have passed and we were now sitting on a bench after making a quick trip to the vending machine to get some drinks. She had explained to me how she came for her sick grandmother.

I rubbed her back when she started tearing up, I knew how important her grandma is to her. She was the one who took care of Tzuyu ever since she was little, when her parents were too busy to take care of her.

"I don't think they can still s-save her Kook. She's been here since last week and hasn't shown any signs of w-waking up." she sniffled.

"It's alright Tzu, don't lose hope okay? Who knows she might wake up." I comforted in which she just nodded.

"I d-didn't mean to but I was gonna leave after visiting halmeoni, i passed by the room you were in and saw you through the window. I accidentally overheard your c-conversation." she stuttered.

As expected, she heard everything, "Just please don't tell anybody, okay? I don't want them to worry." We talked a little more until she stood up.

"I'm gonna go see halmeoni again, see you around Kook." she smiled before walking off.

I sighed before going my own way home.

"I'm home!" I shouted before taking my shoes off to go upstairs and head to my room.

I jumped on my bed, i really need some time to think right now but not long after the doorbell rang.

"I'll go get it." I mumbled as i went down the stairs. When i opened the front door, I stood there facing my best friend.

Lisa crossed her arms and tapped her foot impatiently, "You better explain yourself Jeon."

Before Lisa left the dorm to go to Busan, we stayed in the living room while Jennie explained her current situation with Taehyung

Before Lisa left the dorm to go to Busan, we stayed in the living room while Jennie explained her current situation with Taehyung. Chaeyoung was out with Jimin so she won't be home till later.

I laughed when she finished speaking, fake dating?

"What are you guys, 12?" I continued laughing while she shook her head, "Nope, we're both 17." she smiled.

right. does this girl not understand sarcasm?

"So why exactly are you doing this?" Lisa asked, crossing her legs.

"Dunno. So Irene can leave us both alone..?" she trailed off, not sure of what to say.

Lisa stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder, "Well if that's all, i'm leaving now. See you guys." we walked her out the door and soon went back inside.

💜💜💜

"Baby, please! We need each other." I rolled my eyes while gathering my stuff. After Lisa left, I texted Jinyoung and told him i was gonna stop by his apartment to get my stuff.

As soon as I went inside, i rushed to get everything i left here and he asked me about getting back together.

"Oh no, brother. I came for my stuff not for you. You cheat on me, break my heart and now you say we need each other? That's low." I said and headed to the door.

"Please don't follow me outside unless you want to make a scene, i'm not changing my mind about this. Take care." I closed the door with my foot and let out a deep sigh.

"You done?" Jennie asked, leaning on the wall.

I nodded in response, "Gaja, are you hungry?" i asked as we exited the apartment building.

"then let's stop by somewhere and eat." we hailed a cab and ate at a restaurant near our dorm. it's been a long time since i ate out with Jennie, usually it's with Chaeyoung or Jin so we caught up with stuff while we were eating.

I realized i've spent a lot of time with Jin these days, he doesn't know that i like him right? I hope not. I don't really wanna ruin our friendship.

So for now, I won't tell.

------------------------------------

sorry for the short update..

and i'm really dumb so i really don't know anything about terminal ilnesses, i just heard my sister talking about it once.

hope you guys like it^_^

-LisKookie2701❤