sixty-one ⭐ a plan

Awsten returns to Geoff's house after a mentally tiring day of work.

Geoff: Hey Aws, how was today?

Awsten: Good. {drops his backpack next to the front door}

Geoff: Awsten. I can't tell if you get the hint or not, but I'm bored and want to know how your day went.

Awsten: Oh?

Geoff: Yes. Also, I'm going to the store later, do you want to come?

Awsten: Sure.

Geoff: Alrighty.

Awsten: You say alrighty a lot, y'know that?

Geoff: {smiles; playfully rolls his eyes} Just tell me what happened. {walks to couch and plops himself upon it.}

Awsten: {follows what Geoff had done; practically lays on Geoff} So I went to this guy's office, right, and I found out that, basically, he's the guy I'll be working with for the next few months.

Geoff: Mhm?

Awsten: Yeah, and then he asked for the copies of my demos and he said he was going to play them, but before he would give criticism, he asked me what my opinion on my music was. Of course I said I thought it was my best work, at least compared to my past songs, and he said that was a great sense of confidence and that my songs probably were amazing due to that. Then we listened to them, he said they were very well written and executed, with the exception that they seemed too 'powerful' to only be acoustics. He then asked me if I would be okay with adding backgrounds to them and I was like, 'hell yeah!' so he proposed that I get a band or go completely solo and do all the parts myself.

Geoff: What did you say?

Awsten: Band. I mean, I'm okay with other instruments but I'm only okay.

Geoff: Do you know when you're getting members?

Awsten: Sometime within the next week.

Geoff: Have you already got them?

Awsten: No.

Geoff: Really?

Awsten: Yeah, why?

Geoff: Because I learned how to play a guitar.

Awsten: When?

Geoff: I got one the day we came home from tour, received lessons, and practiced every day until yesterday.

Awsten: Do you think you'd be good enough to record an entire album?

Geoff: I don't know.

Awsten: Play for me.

Geoff: Alright then. {stands up} Let's go to my recording studio. {points to the first door on the left in the hallway} It's literally right here.

Awsten: Okie dokie.

The men walk inside the room, Awsten immediately beaming.

Awsten: I've always seen this space in videos but to see it IRL is so weird....

Geoff chuckles.

Geoff: Good to know.

Awsten: So. Play something for me.

Geoff does as asked, and honestly, Awsten is impressed.

Awsten: Come with me tomorrow and I'll ask Benjamin if you can audition.

Geoff: So that's his name? It's kind of hot.

Awsten: The name Benjamin is not hot whatsoever.

Geoff: Benji makes it hot.

Awsten: Okay then.

benji allows geoff to be part of the band 🙏