Epilogue

August 2019

Awsten walks back inside his and Geoff's home, staring at the words printed onto the notebook paper sent from a man who signed as 'L.B'. Apparently the letter had been sent all the way from London. Awsten continues to read over the confessions this man had discussed in his handwritten letter, amazed at what, in a way, he had caused.

Geoff: What is it?

Awsten: {doesn't look up} What is what?

Geoff: {points to the letter} That.

Awsten: Oh... It's-it's a letter.

Geoff: From whom?

Awsten: A man in London. A man who saw us set up the stuff to hurt Dominic.

Geoff: Well what did it say?

Awsten: They killed him.

Geoff: You're kidding.

Awsten: It's written right here.

Geoff: {takes it from Awsten} Let me read it.

Awsten: It's vivid.

Geoff: Vivid?

Awsten crosses his arms and looks away. The images put into his head were quite disturbing.

Geoff continues on, his eyes fluttering across every word written by the semi-anonymous writer. It reads,

Dear Geoff,

     We have found your address upon Dominic's refrigerator next to what we would call a shrine, and hope that this does belong to the man I saw the morning we became inspired. If not, burn every paper included in this, along with the envelope. If you tell the police, I suggest you do it with pride so you can feel the embarrassment even better.
     If this letter does fall into the right hands, then I would like to make it clear that we have taken Dominic's life away from him in a deserving way. He was tortured for a couple of days until we finally decided it was his time to finish suffering and pass on. We tied his arms to the branches of a tall tree and threw knives covered in his wretched blood into his filthy corpse.
     After our bit of fun, we remembered how his family was still around, and that they may want to pay respects to their now deceased relative. Someone in our band of killers somehow convinced us all that the the term 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree,' is always correct, and that maybe we should mess around instead of being nice. Because of that mentality, we dismembered his corpse and sent his head, his journals about you, and other personal items of his to his parent's doorstep. It was quite the laugh seeing his father so carelessly pick up the box and watching as his son's head fell out from the bottom!
     Anyway, you may be disgusted with my words so I shall stop and continue into something far more important for you. We have made our crimes to seem like we were not inspired. We want you to know that what you did that morning will remain a secret, and all blood will be left on our hands. We deleted all security footage for the week in which you committed something so well done and spectacular. Everyone back here wishes you well in life, and openly invites you to watch the news from London when the detectives know our names.

     Much love,
                 L.B and Friends

Geoff: Holy shit.

Awsten: {wraps arms around Geoff's waist; lays his head on his shoulder.} I know.

Geoff: They're insane but they're not.

Awsten: They're doing us a favor, Geoff. It really gets me thinking.

Geoff: Me too. {caresses Awsten's arm, turns him around to face him.} It makes me really feel good about loving you. It makes me feel worth something.

Awsten: {wraps his arms around Geoff's neck} Murdering people and playing with their corpses makes you feel worth something?

Geoff: It makes me realize that even though you don't love me yet, I'm still doing good.

Awsten: Well that's where you're wrong.

Geoff: What do you mean?

Awsten: I do love you.

Geoff: {smiles} Really?

Awsten: {leans closers to Geoff's face} I've loved you since chapter Forty.

Geoff: Wasn't that the chapter when you yelled at me for not telling you I had a boyfriend?

Awsten: Yep.

Geoff: {sighs} I love you so much.

Awsten: And I love you too.

Awsten leans in for a kiss, being forced to remember all the times Geoff made his stomach tingle from butterflies. Sometimes he really hates the author, but for the most part, he likes him.

⭐⭐⭐

read the sequel,
but do we dare split apart?