CHAPTER 7

Hansol POV

A few days went by, and it's Friday today. After the last period of the day, it was time to go home. As I was leaving the building, I saw Jeonghan running towards me.

"Hey, wait a sec..." he said panting.

"You good bro?", I asked

"Yeah. Um we usually play football on Fridays after class, so we were wondering if you wanted to come." He said nicely

"Really?" I asked

"Yeah sure! You're part of the gang now", he said with a smile and put his hand on my shoulder

"Let's go then!" I said happily. We headed towards the football field behind the school, where I saw the group arguing about the teams.

"I want to be the captain!" Shouted Joshua

"You were the captain last time Joshua!" Replied Seungkwan

"Guys stop! No one's the captain! We don't need a captain anyways we're not playing for the World Cup or something!" Minyoung screamed

"You know what, she's right..." agreed Momo

"Yeah never mind. No captain" said Minghao

"Hey guys" I said

"YOO BROO" said Minghao in a very hyper way which made me laugh.

"You play football Hansol? Let's how you'll do against me." Said Mingyu sarcastically. He didn't get to me though. I used to play football everyday with my father (before he passed away) when I was a kid.

"I'll do just fine Mingyu" I answered

"Alright then, let's start" said Jeonghan

"Umm guys I think I'll sit this one out..." interrupted Haneul

"Why? You like to play football I know that," asked Minyoung

"I need to start revising for the bio test on Monday. I haven't opened my Book yet." She said in a kind of sad way.

"You have the whole weekend to study though," said Minyoung

"It's okay Minyoung if she doesn't want to, it's fine." I said reassuringly.

"Thanks Hansol" she answered with a pretty sincere smile. She then headed to the up-head seats.

"Alright let's start for good now" Momo said. I then approached Minyoung to clarify something.

"Hey, is it because of me?" I asked

"No of course not. She's usually like that when we have tests next week" she replied reassuringly. I nodded and smiled slightly in response and we started to play. Despite what Minyoung told me, I know Haneul doesn't want to play because of me. I needed to become friends with her so that we could leave what happened yesterday behind us. And I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

Haneul POV

The reason why I didn't want to play football was one: because I really had to pass that biology test, and two: I still don't feel very comfortable around Hansol. Not just after a few days since the day he cornered me. I still didn't feel at ease around him, even though a few days have passed since the incident ; I couldn't help but think about it every time I look at him. When he told me, it was okay if I don't play with them this afternoon, I felt like he knew the actual reason why I didn't want to play with them. To be honest, I kind of felt thankful he was the one to say that. I don't actually know why I felt this way, but I did. 

I watched them play football and have fun for the rest of the afternoon, alternating by looking down at my Book and up at my friends having fun without me. Hansol is actually really talented when it comes to football. He's even better than Mingyu, I might say. Mingyu is a really good player, but now I can see Hansol is even better, which surprised me a lot. The others aren't even that good, but they still had fun. Minyoung for example isn't that good of a player but is a damn good goalkeeper. She has amazing reflexes too. She's very talented in martial arts too and defends herself in a very good way. I remember her telling me that her father always told her to keep a blackjack wherever she went, in case something bad would happen. I want to play with them so badly. Plus Seungkwan looked like a potato running around the feel like that (babyyy).

They seem to have so much fun. When Hansol scored into Mingyu's team's goal, I felt kind of bad for Mingyu, since he always won, but also really happy for the others.

"YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!" I heard Minghao shout.

"AMAZING HANSOL!" I saw Minyoung give him a high five.

"You're damn good bro, as always," said Joshua

"Well done. We'll see about next time," said Mingyu. He really annoyed me with that sarcastic tone of his. I know he has a crush on me, and I think he got madder than usual because he might have seen me stare at Hansol during the whole biology period.

"Come on Haneul let's go! It's getting late!" I heard Minyoung say

"I'm coming!" I shouted back. I was putting my stuff away, and found everyone had left already. I started skipping down the stairs when I suddenly tripped over a rock and fell. A fraction of a second later, I felt someone catch me while panting. It was Hansol. We were both panting hard. No one was here, except Hansol and me.

"Gosh thanks... that was a close one" I said thankfully but tried not to keep eye contact with him.

"No problem." He said

"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked

"I forgot my jacket, I saw you tripped, and I helped you. You could have gotten yourself hit pretty hard you know"

"Oh, don't worry. My cousin Seokmin has a lab\hospital. He works miracles there. You might know the place..." I said. I realized he knew what I meant.

"Hold up. Lee Seokmin is your cousin?!" he asked surprisingly

"Yeah, I just said so, Why?"

"I've known Seokmin for about 3 years now! I went to his lab to have a checkup, then this bunch of gangsters just started chasing me everywhere for I don't know what reason." He said (the checkup part is obviously a lie)

"That's why you were running away from them! And you caught me so that I don't make any noise..." I concluded

"Yeah that's about it" he answered

"Well I'm sorry I acted weird. I didn't know who you were before." I apologized

"It's okay. I would have done the same thing." He replied reassuringly. I smiled warmly at him and we headed to where the gang was waiting. I guess Hansol wasn't that bad of a guy after all.