CHAPTER 14

Haneul POV

We were all so glad to see that Minghao and Jeonghan were alright. Though Jeonghan was free to leave the hospital, Minghao wasn't because his case was worse than Jeonghan's. When we were in Minghao's room, checking up on him and everything, I noticed someone looking at us from the window. It was Hansol. I had no idea what he was doing here, or even why he was here, so I just ignored him. 

When we were about to leave, I looked outside and saw that Hansol wasn't there anymore. I felt an urge telling me to go find out where he was hiding. We said goodbye to Minghao for the last time and we all left the building with Jeonghan. Everyone had to head home now, so I waited until they all left. After they did, I started looking around to find Hansol. I felt like I was playing some sort of hide and seek game with a child. 

Then I found him. He was standing behind a wall, clutching his stomach.

"Why were you following us?" I asked

"Trust me Haneul, it wasn't my fault, I just wanted to check on them" he answered. I could tell he felt very tired.

"Why would I? You lied to us. To me. Why would you come and check on them if you are satisfied with what you did?" I said

"Who even told you I'm satisfied with what I did?! This was the biggest mistake of my life! Something happened to me a few days before the start of school, and that is the reason I hurt Jeonghan and Minghao. It wasn't me. Something took over me."

"What is it then?" I asked tapping my foot on the ground.

"I-I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"Too many people know. Ask the others, they know" he said and started lumping away. I could see that he was in pain. I wanted to hear it from him.

"I want to hear it from you Hansol" I said following him

"Why would you? I'm a monster, right?" he said while panting. We didn't walk too much, so I didn't know why he was so tired. He was pretty fast, he got into a small alley before I did.

"I never said that, just..." When I caught up with him, he was clutching his stomach and was on the ground. He was unconscious. I ran towards him and knelt next to his body.

"Oh my God, are you okay?!" he wasn't responding. So, I decided to get him to his house. I've seen it a few times, so I know the way, plus it's not very far from mine. I was wondering if I should text Joshua to help me, because he does think Hansol is innocent, but I decided not to. I wanted this to be more personal, only Hansol and me. So, I used all my strength to get him up. DAMN HE WAS HEAVY! I never workout or anything so trying to carry a fully-grown man is very difficult. I could have taken him to O.R.I.O.N LABS, but privacy is what I wanted. 

When I made it to his house, I knocked on the door, maybe his parents were there, but no one answered. I tried to open the door, and surprisingly it wasn't locked. I pushed the door open and dragged Hansol upstairs to what I think is his room. His house is pretty big, but not too much. It was pretty dark. It was average. Pretty cozy and nice actually.

 Anyways, I put Hansol in his bed, and I think I heard my back crack. I cleaned up his injuries, since Seokmin taught me how to. I don't know why I'm doing all this for him, I think my feelings for him have overtaken me. I was mad at him for hurting my friends and lying to me, but I wanted to know the truth this time, and only the truth. I looked around his room and saw a picture of him and another guy. They both seemed really happy. 

Next to it, I found a book with a wolf paw printed on its cover. I looked over at Hansol who was still asleep, took the book, and started looking through the pages. There were pictures of wolves everywhere. Does he have anything to do with wolves? Everything was written in a strange handwriting I couldn't understand. Then, I came across a picture of a design I might have seen before. The day of the fight, when I went to see Hansol, he had a tattoo like it on his wrist, and during the PE class a few days ago, I saw something blue shinning on his wrist. 

I slowly walked towards his bed, took his hand and looked at his wrist. He had the same design on his hand. I just found out that I had a lot of questions to ask Hansol when he wakes up. 

I went downstairs to prepare some soup, because I thought it might make him feel better, and he might feel comfortable telling me what or who he actually is. When I came back upstairs, he had already woken up.

Hansol POV

I don't know what happened, I felt dizzy and the rest just blacked out. When I wake up, I find myself in my house, in my bED, and HANEUL was here with a bowl of soup. I was damn confused.

"Hey..." Haneul said

"How did I even get here?!" I exclaimed

"WOAH slow down... I just wanted to help" she said handing me the bowl of warm soup.

"Eat up, you'll feel better" she said

"Why are you suddenly being so nice to me?" I asked confused

"It's the least I can do. I just wanted to have some things clarified." She said taking my desk chair, put it next to my bed and sat down on it.

"What do you wanna know?" I said. I obviously wasn't going to tell her anything.

"Do you have anything to do with wolves?" she asked

"Why would I tell you? Can I even trust you?"

"Hansol come on, everyone knows already." She said

"Everyone... except Minyoung and Momo" I clarified "Promise me you won't tell them anything" She did bite her lip after I finished my sentence. "If they want to know, it's me who's going to have to tell them."

"Fine, I won't. Just warning you Minyoung has her own way to find out the truth. And Momo can be aggressive sometimes if someone hides something from her." she said

"I don't have a problem with that."

"TALK" Haneul spat out

"Okay okay. Yes, I do have something to do with wolves."

"What's this mark on your wrist?" This is going to be a long night. After I explained to her everything and answered all of her questions, I had something to tell her.

"The leader of the gangsters, he told the others all the opposite. That I'm a menace, I'm an animal, I'm a danger to others." I said, "Only you, know the real truth Haneul."

"So, it's the wolf inside you that takes over? And it only takes over when you get angry or scared?" I nodded.

"Do you know how to reverse the whole thing?" she asked

"That's the problem. I don't" I answered frankly.

"Oh and Hansol-"

"Yeah?"

"Why aren't your parents here?" she asked. I haven't told them about my parents yet, only Joshua knows. I was afraid they would diss me for being an "orphan".

"They passed away when I was a kid... I was set in an orphanage school, but I got out two years ago or so, and I took care of myself. I came back to my parents' old house, fixed it a bit, and here I am."

"That must have been hard for you... I'm sorry" she said holding my hand. I was blushing alright, but I was glad it was night time and there wasn't that much light for her to see me blushing.

"It's okay... I'm fine now"

"Well, your true secret is safe with me. You're... not coming back to school, right?" she said and let go of my hand.

"After what just happened, I don't think so. I have to make the others trust me first."

"You're lucky Joshua thinks you're innocent." She said. I felt a little relived to know Joshua thinks I would never hurt anyone, he's a good friend.

"Yeah, I'm lucky to have him as a friend too..." At that moment, I heard the doorbell ring. My heart started pumping faster than usual.

"Oh Gosh..." Haneul said putting her hand in her hair "I'll take it, you stay here and don't move okay?" When she left the room, I got out of bed and looked at the window. It was Mingyu. MINGYU?! WHY WOULD HE COME TO MY HOUSE?!