{2}

After Aito and Cho picked (Y/N) from the airport, they drove to their house. Yes, house. (Y/N) was quite shocked that they had a house together, but that shock didn't last long because she knew they were both 20 years old, mature adults, and had the right to live together.

Cho explained in the car that her great aunt gave her the house to take good care of when she passed away. Since Cho and Aito were already living together in a quaint small apartment, they both moved into the two storey house with four rooms together and have been living together ever since.

After (Y/N) placed her suitcase in the room, they all moved to the living room and drank a few drinks and ate rice crackers, Ohagi, dumplings and pizza as Aito and Cho filled her in with all that she missed.

Aito was now a medical student, like his grandfather, and once he graduates he'll work at the family clinic as a doctor. Strangely, Cho was also studying medicine, but she wanted to be a nurse. (Y/N) was so happy and proud of her best friends.

"Soo, what about you,  (Y/N)-chan?"

"I'm an Investigator." (Y/N) replied dismissively, trying to make it sound less interesting so they'd skip the topic.

"Oooh you're a cop?!" Cho exclaimed, bouncing in her sit ecstatically.

(Y/N) avoided Aito's piercing gaze as he gave her a somewhat shocked look.

"Uhh, not exactly." She muttered.

Cho furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Babe, she means a CCG Investigator." Aito filled her in, still giving (Y/N) a quizzical look.

Cho's grin widened. "Really? That is bad ass man! I didn't even know they had ghouls in America."

(Y/N) smiled sheepishly. Truth was, she never intended to be a CCG Investigator. It was just that things were so bad in America, knowing she could do more than stand around and watch, she decided to take action.

One day when she was taking down a Class SS ghoul in an abandoned alley, an Investigator stumbled across the scene. Fortunately for him, and unfortunately for her, the fight with the powerful ghoul knocked off her mask.

There was nothing she could do, her cover was blown. His name was Jacob Parker and he was a senior Investigator. He told her that she was wanted for the disturbance of CCG investigations and could well be on the run for the rest of her life, instead of that, he told her that she could join the CCG formally and work under him as a student. That was how he ended up being her mentor and she ended up being the best and youngest Investigator in the history of the American CCG.

Cho went into the kitchen to check on the cookies she left in the oven. When she was gone Aito turned to (Y/N).

(Y/N) sighed. "What, Aito-kun?"

"You joined the CCG?" He asked, sounding shocked.

"By accident, it was never my intention. Besides, why are you so shocked?"

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh, I don't know, maybe it's the fact that you were lovingly raised by ghouls and now you're hunting them down."

(Y/N) choked on her drink and narrowed her eyes at him. "Wait what? You knew they were ghouls?"

He nodded. "When I first met Douchebag, I suspected something. After a little investigation, I came to the conclusion that they were ghouls."

"And you never confronted me?" (Y/N) asked, perplexed.

He shrugged. "I wasn't sure. But I guess I got my confirmation when . . . " he trailed off. He knew the burning down of Anteiku by the CCG was a very touchy subject for the (H/C) haired girl