{18}

Yooo two chapters in one day because I appreciate y'all so much!!

This chapter is dedicated to DownlowHoe, Lenkaskzh and amazaynfood.

_____

(Y/N) could feel the eyes of every CCG Investigator in the premises as they talked in hushed murmurs. Some pointing out that she was pregnant, others just whispering her name to the other investigators, whatever they said was too low to hear and joined in with the rest of the low murmuring.

Hide stood in front with her, Akira, and Amon since they were all human and all except Hide were Special Investigators.

(Y/N) saw her previous squad up front, or just the two twins only. Daiki’s deep green eyes met hers and he glanced down at her stomach, looking somewhat crestfallen before looking away, his long bangs drooping over his eyes. Next to him stood Danno who grinned at (Y/N) but she noticed that the usual mischievous glint in his eyes had disappeared completely. Through the crowd she couldn’t find Akiko, the hyper girl was nowhere to be seen.

“What’s all this commotion about?” Marude scowled as he stormed up to the front, only to halt when he sees the masked ghouls behind the former Investgators and Hide.

“Nagachika, Investigator Mado, Amon! You’re alive? And Special Investigator (Y/N)! You’re pregnant? Was that why you re-wait! What the hell is this?!” the man exclaimed, looking at the mass of masked people behind the investigator.

“I thought we could use some back-up.” Hide said nonchalantly.

“Huh?” Marude blinked, the very idea of it all seeming absurd to him.

“Our only chance is to dig out the main body, right? But humans alone can only do so much. We’re gonna need some mobility to pull this off.”

“You can’t be serious. Come on! Are you suggesting that we work side by side with ghouls.” Marude exclaimed. The idea to every investigator in the vicinity was preposterous.

“Yeah.” Hide replied in a tone that stated that the idea was quite obvious by now

“Are you joking!” Marude exclaimed.

“These ghouls could’ve run away easily. But their willing to help you destroy that monster because Ken Kaneki is inside it.”

Marude retracted, eyes wide with shock. “Ken Kaneki…”

Learning this information hushed murmurs increased.

All their questions about the constitution of the CCG was answered by Koori Ui who trudged to the front, hand placed in his pockets as he viewed the group with his calculating violet blue orbs.

“The chief had resigned in a sense. The creation of that monster was his true objective from the beginning; he played every person in the CCG for a fool and succeeded.”

He turned to Hide. “You there, do you really believe Investigators and ghouls could work together? Why don’t you take a good look at the faces in front of you and think again. Leave now or you will be dispatched.”

“Investigator Koori Ui, as an Investigator what is your first and fore most duty?” Amon asked, stepping forward.

“It’s to hunt down and fight against ghouls.” Koori Ui answered.

“You’re wrong. Yes it’s our duty to fight, but its peace we fight for. You should fight for it now, Even with ghouls at your side.”

“We need to put our differences aside this time and fight together,” (Y/N) said, looking at all the investigators in front of her, “Because in the end this is our city and our home; ghouls and humans alike. I don’t know about you but I would fight with my enemy to defeat a common, greater enemy. This is no time to squabble over spilled milk. Let’s fight now; together we can save Tokyo City.”

“I’ll fight! I’ll fight at their side. These ghouls may have been our enemies in the past but that isn’t what matters right now!” Saiko exclaimed, raising her hand.

The rest of them increase in their murmuring, shouting that it was wrong and stood against everything they fought for.

“The CCG still has its pride!” One Investigator yelled.

“Your so called pride,” Touka said, slipping her mask off, “Can kiss my ass!”

As she did everyone else followed, tossing their masks into the air. The Investigators gasped, caught off guard completely.
Marude smiled sheepishly. ‘Damn, I gotta hand it to them.

Murmurs erupted as Suzuya’s squad arrived and everyone snapped their attention to them. Marude sighed and turned to Suzuya.

“Alright Suzuya, you make the call.”

There was a moment of silence and everyone held their breaths, all eyes on Suzuya.

“Okay then. Let’s take this thing on together, it ought to be a piece of cake that way.”

Everyone sighed in relief and the 24th ward appeared happy and pleased with the situation. (Y/N) turned and high fived Hide.

In the end Kaneki did, in some way, bring the two worlds together. Ghoul and human were to work side by side to stop the Dragon.