{14}

FIRST CHAPTER OF 2020!!! I WISH EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE A PROSPEROUS YEAR OF 2020.

I'm sorry MoonTeas and 22maquino for giving this chapter after Christmas but I hope you guys enjoy anyway since both of you commented that all you wanted for Christmas was an update and I failed you both on Christmas EVE. I am sorry.

This chapter is dedicated to AuriSanta, DanielleVargas9, and EllieJackson1234.

I hope all of you ad a wonderful Christmas celebration!! AND I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!!!

IMPORTANT NOTE: THERE IS A MEDIA ATTACHED TO THIS CHAPTER. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU GUYS LISTEN TO IT WHILE READING OR AFTER IF YOU SOME OF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO MUSIC AND READ. CHASING CARS IS THE SOUNDTRACK FOR THIS CHAPTER AND PROBABLY THE WHOLE BOOK😭😭❤❤

___________

...A father...me?

The mere thought had him clenching his jaws as he gazed down at the city from where he was perched atop a tall skyscraper. The wind howled around him, ruffling his dark clothes against his tall lean from as he observed civilisation at its works.

The city was bustling with life, cars honking, masses crossing the road, sunlight pouring in on every corner of the city. Everything looked miniscule from up here.

The late afternoon sun illuminated his face, exposing the hints of stubble around his defines jawline and the dark circles under his eyes. That alone was evidence that the events of what happened a week ago had shook him.

He scowled as he gazed down at the innocent and mindless way everyone carried themselves, without a care of those around them...so unbothered by the world around, the danger, the uncertain impending doom.

Just as he was about to stand up and move on, his eye's caught sight of something that made him suck in air.

It was a human child. He held onto his mothers hand tightly as they walked down the crossing. He suddenly waved and let go of his mothers hand as he rushed into the open arms of a man standing on the other side of the crossing. The man who was obviously his father scooped the boy in his arms and rested him around his neck. The mother speed walked up to the two, obviously agitated as she berated the child and the man for the child running off across the street like that. The man grins and leans down and pecks her lips, that action has two response; first the child scrunches his nose up in disgust at this public show of affection and second his mother blushes and smiles sheepishly at her husband.

Ayato swallowed and stood up, a low growl ripping from his chest.

He suddenly finds himself thinking of her. The whole 173 hours, 36 minutes hespent away he tried his best to go on without thinking much of her because he knew the more he thought of her, the more he'd hate himself for leaving like that. He thinks of that pivotal moment in time when she looks up at him and although so many emotions flash in her (E/C) orbs two emotion's are certain; fear and uncertainty.

Ayato knew she was afraid and uncertain of how he'd react to the news and he wanted, with every fibre in his being, to be that person who easily accepts the situation and works around it but he knew he wasn't. That was why he spent a week away from her.

Ayato wasn't a father figure type person. His stupid fuck of a father disappointed him by being so weak and fragile, by letting grief control his life he neglected his children. To other people, dying to avenge your wife was noble or acceptable, not to him and Touka. When his mother died his father was broken and took it harder than the kids. Instead of taking on the responsibility of looking after his children he chose to throw his life away so easily and leaving them in such a cruel world parentless, alone and scared.