{8}

If you see any typos or grammatical errors, point them out because I wrote this around 2:00 am in the morning. That's all from me. Byyyeeee😍❤

P.S. PLEEEEEAAASSEEE CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK: WILD FLOWER😊😊😊😊😆😭 (I know this looks desperate but at this point I honestly don't care.😂😂 Those of you that have published an original book and haven't gotten a read in days would understand my pain😭💔)

Aight I'm done, enjoy the chapter❤❤
_______

(Y/N) was in a kneeling position as she analyzed the foreboding mass of structure that was the cochlea building.

"Huge, isn't it?" She heard one of Banjo's ghouls say in awe.

They were outside the cochlea, preparing to enter. All they awaited for, was Kaneki to open the roof.

She stood up, her infamous White Cat mask clasped in her hand. She wore her usual long black jacket with heavy dark boots, black leggings and dark blue shorts with a black top under her jacket. In short, she was clad in black.

Ayato was also clad in black, holding his mask.

"You okay, (Y/N)?" His voice was filled with concern and warmth. His blue hair hovered over his cool blue eyes as he stared down at her.

She glanced up at him as she nodded vigorously. "Yep. I'm fine." She smiled cutely, so nervous that she didn't even realize how good her name sounded when he said it with such warmth and concern.

He nodded as he looked back down at the cochlea, the wind whipping around his blue hair.

(Y/N) held her breath.

I'm sorry it took so long Hinami-chan, I'm coming for you now.

She hoped Hinami was well and that she'd forgive her for everything. Time and circumstance was not on her side when they captured her and as the investigators grabbed her to take her away, she looked up and her eyes met with (Y/N) across the room. 

(Y/N) would never forget the look in her eyes as she stood there in her white CCG coat. There was nothing there. Her gaze was emotionless and mature, certainly not the Hinami she remembered.

Squeezing her eyes shut, she forced herself to clear her mind. She was saving Hinami now, that was all that mattered.

The silence and suspense was killing her, what was taking so long?

She opened her eyes and glanced at Ayato.

He was watching the roof, his mask clenched in his hands as his blue bangs drooped over his blue eyes.

Standing next to him, she reached his shoulder.

Usually waiting would put a scowl of irritation on his face and he'd be swearing at Kaneki to hurry up by now or cursing him for being such a pathetic waste of time. But now it was different. He waited patiently with a calm demeanor.

He was more mature and calm now.

It was still taking too long, when she asked Banjo how many hours had passed, he said only five minutes had passed since they arrived.

(Y/N) chewed her bottom lip, getting more nervous by the minute.

What if Kaneki was spotted? What if they found him and were right now torturing him to tell them all his secrets? What if Kaneki wasn't Kaneki, but his alter ego self; Haise Sasaki, and was now reporting to the Cheif Investigator about their plan? What if--

(Y/N) stopped herself there. She had to distract herself from all the negative thinking.

She sighed and glanced at Ayato. He was still looking at the Cochlea roof, as if it would open any minute now.