{4}

The preparation for the Auction Raid was consequently huge. With more information, (Y/N) had finally come to conclusion that Ayato would definitely be at the auction, as it turns out all of the elite members of the Aogiri would be there to protect the high class ghouls in the auction.

The days leading up to the auction was almost hectic. (Y/N) was anxious about the whole ordeal and hoped that once Ayato and Hinami had found out she was a CCG Investigator, it wouldn't change how they viewed her.

The CCG had given her a temporary team to oversee as the days leading up at the Auction Raid neared.

There was three Junior Investigators. Two guys, and one girl. The girl was a hyper bundle of charm and reminded (Y/N) of her younger days spent at Anteiku. Her name was Akiko.

The two guys were twins and often reminded (Y/N) of her neice and nephew, Brianna and Brian. The only way to tell them apart was by their hair. Daiki was the one that had long blue hair and deep green eyes, he was also the more calm and mature one of the two. His childish and flirtatious brother, Danno, had short ruffled blue hair and bright green eyes.

(Y/N) spent days training them for the Raid. Daiki was a bit reluctant that she would be their leader, temporary or not, simply because they were the same age and he was older than her by three months. Of course some serious ass whooping and a busted lip taught him never to mess with the cheerful (H/C) haired girl again.

Finally the day of the raid had come and she found her heart accelerating as she stared up at the Zuem Hall building with the other CCG agents on the night of the 11th of November, just as planned.

It's happening. I'm gonna see him again . . . I just hope nothing has changed . . .

Tooru Mutsuki was inside the building disguised as a female to infiltrate the auction as well as Juuzou Suzuya, much to the protest of his overlords.

"Sensei, you look pale. Are you okay?" Akiko asked, gently placing a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder.

(Y/N) blinked and turned to her squad, they were all looking at her with concern and reverence, even Daiki who was usually arrogant.

She forced a bright smile, her eyes squinting cutely. "I-I'm fine. Sorry it's just the cold. Nothing to worry about."

They all nodded. They were all dressed in the standard Investigators outfit. (Y/N) wore a long white trenchcoat coat with black jeans and a black turtleneck. She dragged her scarf up and covered half her face due to the cold.

Akiko bit her bottom lip nervously, her hands on her cheeks. "Gosh I'm so nervous. This is my first operation."

(Y/N) smiled down at the short 17 year old. "Don't worry, just do as we practised. Never underestimate your opponent and be vigilant."

Akiko nodded. "Okay, Sensei."

"That's it? That's your big speech?" Danno teased.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes. "Fine, here's a better one. Don't die."

Danno grinned, "I was thinking something along the lines of some background inspiration music, topped off with a couple fake tears and a dramatic voice but I can live with that.."

(Y/N) chuckled and shook her head.

The air was thick and tensed, yet cool, evidence of the November chilled air. Everyone was on a standstill, awaiting orders to start the operation. All this electric tension only added to (Y/N) anxiety. The silence didn't last for long as the bidding started inside.

Then suddenly the order's came and (Y/N) clenched her fist, her jaws set.

"To all personnel. Your first mission: eradicate all of the ghouls inside. Out of all the ghouls, make sure you completely take out Big Madame. It's expected that the Aogiri Tree will intervene, but do not let this chance go to waste. Your second mission: rescue the civillians. Put priority on all of the civilians who were kidnapped first." As the voice of the Bureau Cheif ordered over the intercom, the agents went to work.