{21}

Dedicated to PinkyPantherPie, leelee428 and karma_is_a_bitch25

Please don't play the song until after the chapter is finished.

Keep a lookout for the next chapter in a few hours time. Hopefully with a few more energy drinks I'll be done with it in a few hours.

Without further ado, enjoy the chapter!!❤

_____

(Y/N) needed to stretch her legs and Ayato had been out for the whole day with Kaneki, some matters to do with the ghoul business to accomplish peace amongst humans. She awaited his return, when he finally comes home she could tell him that she needed to stretch her legs and they could go for a walk to the park.

When a knock came from the door she eagerly rushed to it and opened the door, a wide smile plastered on her face.

It dropped slightly in disappointment when she saw who it was.

“Koji-kun?” She asked, looking behind him to see if he came with some other investigators. He was one of the assistants who nursed the wounded with her and he helped her by telling her how to bandage them fast enough and trick to stop bleeding.

She wondered what he was doing here.

His eye’s widened when he saw her open the door. “Special Investigator (Y/N) you live here?” He asked, shocked. It wasn’t a scrutinizing type of shock but a genuine caught off guard shock.

(Y/N) chuckled sheepishly. “Again, you can call me (Y/N) and yeah I live here.”

“I was hiking with a few buddies and we got separated and I saw this cottage, thought I’d ask for directions back to civilization.” He explained shyly. His brown hair seemed longer than it was two months ago and there were bags under his eyes.

(Y/N) nodded. “I see, yeah this forest can get tricky sometimes and it’s getting pretty late.”

He chuckled, nodding as he awkwardly glanced inside.

(Y/N) wanted him to go but that would be rude so she stepped aside and offered him a hospitalizing smile. “Come on in, I’ll get you water and give you directions.”

Koji sighed in relief and walked in, he looked around as she closed the door. She took this time to make a mental note of the way he was dressed.

“It’s not fancy but it is home.” She said sheepishly.

He nodded, “It’s actually really cozy.”

She thanked him graciously and had him follow her into the kitchen.

“I have custard pie if you want?” She offered as she reached into the fridge to grab the jar of water.

“No, actually I’d rather have some coffee if you can.” He said and when she closed the fridge she saw that he was looking at her baby bump almost with a look of hunger in his eyes. She turned to him and saw that he was actually staring at the picture on the fridge. It was an old picture of Ayato and Touka, smiling candidly at the camera. It was old and tattered but (Y/N) loved it so much.

“Coffee I can make.” She said, reaching over to heat up the kettle.

“So you’re married huh?” He asked.

She simply nodded. Something was off and she felt it. (Y/N) kept her eyes on him through the reflection from the kettle and saw that he looked uneasy and his legs were bobbing up and down.