{22}

This the last chapter of Shrimp. Thank you so so so much for making it this far!

You guys have been the GREATEST READERS OF ALL TIME! You patiently awaited my updates and your comments are just the funniest I have ever come across and I am blessed to have supportive readers like you!!

*OMNI COOKIES AND LOVE COMING YOUR WAY*

This chapter is dedicated to you. Please listen to the song while reading or you can listen to it afterwards. The lyrics were literally meant for this chapter.

Enjoy reader-chan!

____

10 years later.

As the bell chimed by the front entrance, Ayato sighed in relief. That was the last customer for the day. It had been a busy day and he almost thought he wouldn't be able to close shop early.

He swiped the sign on the glass door backwards, announcing that the flower shop, Cookies and Flowers, was closed. It was called cookies and flowers because that was exactly all they sold, cookies and flowers.

He made a mental note to bring more geraniums from the greenhouse because all of it was bought out and none were in stock. He ran his fingers through his now long tousled hair as he glanced at the clock. The time read 3:16pm and he realized he was late.

Closing up shop was easy; he just had to sweep up, spray the plants and put the rest remaining cookies aside, which weren't much since the customers loved buying them. However since it was a Friday he'd have to take it home with him and make a new batch for the next week. He placed the cookies into a rectangular box and took it out with him, balancing it on one hand as he locked the door with the other.

He carried it over to his car and placed it in the backseat. After securing it in place, he drove out. His gentle blue orbs remained on the road but he glanced at the time again and saw that it was now 3:30pm. He winced and drove a bit faster. He hated being late to pick her up but he knew she was patient; still, he drove as fast as he could.

Ayato parked in the parking lot and got out. He looked around as he walked closer, eyes strained for a familiar (H/C) hair amongst the people walking about.

"Dad!" A high pitched voice called.

He turned immediately to the voice and saw a cheerful and grinning (H/C) haired girl wave at him. She was wearing her sailor type uniform with her school bag on her back. She turned and waved back at her small group of friends before running over to him.

"Hey, Princess." He said, grunting as her small frame collided against him. If he were a human he'd be flying back. She hugged him, lips curled into a wide grin.

He smiled and hugged the small ten year old girl back before she jumped away and ecstatically told him about what she did that day with her best friend, Alex as they walked to the car.

She was so much like her mother, looks and behavior both. The way her (E/C) eyes would light up and the way she'd cheerfully and optimistically face any situation. Ayato couldn't help but chuckle in amusement and adoration.

He opened the door for her and she jumped in, now telling him about her drawing project in arts class and that she had been working on. He nodded, adding a few questions and commentary to show that he was indeed paying full attention.

When he got in he reached to the back and grabbed the rectangular box and dropped it on her lap.

"Ooh cookies!" She grinned, taking the lid off and grabbing a cookie before stuffing her face with it.