One

I carried the tray out then smiled as I set it down and handed out the plates to the correct people. As I went back to the kitchen, I saw my friend and coworker putting on Ghost Adventures then took the remote and turned it off.

"Lina!"

"We need to work, not watch TV." I snapped and she stopped then nodded. As I worked, I heard her ask Jessie what my deal was.

"She used to be on the show, Amber. Dated Zak but he got bad and now she's here. You do the math." I turned and took the drinks out then gasped as someone shot up and the tray smashed against me, smashing food, drinks, and sauces all over me.

"Lina! I'm so sorry!" Max, a regular here, cried then I laughed as I shook my head.

"It's fine, Max. Just a uniform and some spilled food, not like you ran me over." He nodded then the other regulars helped me clean up, despite me saying I had it. As I got off my shift and walked to my car, I ran a hand through my hair and grimaced at the feeling of how sticky it was now. I got into my car then drove home but heard Tiny barking at the front door.

 I got into my car then drove home but heard Tiny barking at the front door

I opened the door and he backed up then covered his head.

"Thanks a lot, Tiny. Now I know I smell funny." I laughed and went upstairs to get a shower, thinking of what Jessie had said. Yeah, Zak got bad and scared me. Then again, it was a mutual thing when we broke up. I could go with never seeing him again. Then I groaned as Tiny barked and the doorbell rang. I got out and threw a towel on then knotted it as I took another towel to my hair and ran to the door.

"Tiny, get back!" I grabbed his collar then pulled him back and stood between him and the door as I opened it.

"Aaron, Jay, Billy!" I laughed and let them in then Tiny barked as he seemed to dance.

"Did we disturb your shower?" Jay asked and I laughed.

"Sort of but I was done anyhow, a mess at work. Give me a moment?" They nodded then I went upstairs to throw on something for the night.

 Give me a moment?" They nodded then I went upstairs to throw on something for the night

I ran back down then hugged them and grinned as we all sat in my living room.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"We're over at an old mansion that was abandoned and since we knew you were here, we came to visit." Billy said and I nodded.

"Did four of you visit?"

"No, he's still at the hotel." Jay said and I nodded then Tiny came in and laid down.

"How is he now?" Aaron asked and I looked at my dog.

"Sick enough to be put down in a year or so." I said and they nodded.

"He'll be with your family." I nodded and smiled.

"Anyway, hungry? I can make dinner-"

"You cook all day at the diner, Lina. Let us-"

"Guys, it's alright." I laughed and stood then went to my kitchen but looked at Tiny and went back to him.

"Tiny, go to bed." I whispered as I kneeled next to him but he whimpered and rolled onto my legs.

"Tiny-"

"I've got him." Aaron lifted my dog then set him in his way too expensive bed and I thanked my friend. I stood then went to get Tiny his peanut butter treats and fed him one, making his tail wag.

"Sleep, baby. I'm not going anywhere." He licked my hand then I stood and went to make dinner.

"What's wrong with him?" Jay asked and I sighed.

"He's got cancer. With his age, they think he won't make it much longer. Anyway, off doom and gloom. How's everything for all of you?"

"Ashley and I had our anniversary trip." Jay said and I grinned.

"Ooh, and where did the lucky lady go?"

"Greece." He laughed and I pouted.

"Damn, I want to go to Greece." That made them laugh then I turned to them as the chicken wings cooked.

"Billy, Aaron?" Then they filled me in as I made dinner and we ate. Later that night, they left and I got Tiny upstairs with me so we could head to sleep. And because he is so sick, I got him a doggy lift for the stairs and a small set of steps to climb up onto my bed.

 And because he is so sick, I got him a doggy lift for the stairs and a small set of steps to climb up onto my bed

I draped the blanket over him then pet his head as he laid on the pillow and fell asleep.

"Goodnight, Tiny." I whispered and kept my hand on his side as I fell asleep.