Thirteen

I smiled as Zak greeted the guys then I grabbed Aleck from the back of the car. I went towards them then Billy smiled as he took my son.

"Hello, little Aleck."

"That's my kid." Zak said then I hugged him, though he kissed my head.

"He's also the godfather." I said and Zak pouted.

"Still my son."

"And mine, if you haven't forgotten." I said then Aleck started crying.

"Alright, give him back." I said but Zak took him first, holding him and grabbing his pacifier from the bag on my shoulder.

"Zak, you're so cute." Aaron said then we went inside and I took Aleck as they started the intro for their new episode, an old orphanage. That's why we brought Aleck because the children spirits could see Aleck and find comfort in us.

"Now, this episode will be a little different because we have a special guest." Zak said then I went over, giving him Aleck.

"Everyone, this is my son Aleck Bagans. Aleck is much like his mother, he has a spiritual connection to the things we search for." He said then Aleck made grabby hands at me. I laughed and took him as Zak gawked, the guys laughing.

"My son just rejected me." We all laughed then I kissed Aleck's head and rocked him, not noticing him falling asleep on me.

"Hey, Lina, he's asleep." Jay whispered and I looked at Aleck, seeing his blue eyes closed.

"Zak." I whispered and he looked at us then nodded.

"Just a few more minutes?" I nodded and carried Aleck to the truck, setting him in his car seat. I buckled him in then felt someone come up behind me, hugging me. I turned then froze at who I saw, his smile giving me chills.

"Hello, Evelina."

"Kyle."

Zak's POV
"Thank you so much." The woman nodded as I shook her hand then the guys finished with their walkthrough, all of us going outside to the car. I stopped when I saw Lina held against the car, someone way too familiar holding her there.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" I yelled and ran at them, throwing him off. The door to the car opened then Aaron grabbed Aleck, who was wailing.

"How'd you find us?!" Billy asked as Lina grabbed Aleck, holding him close and trying to calm him down.

"It was easy. All I had to do was follow your show." He said then I clenched my fist, wanting to punch his face in.

"Why are you here?!" I spit then he sighed, putting his hands up.

"Simply to apologize for all I've done. I've kept up with you two, I saw how you care for each other. When I saw you had a child, I knew you loved him, Evelina. I'm sorry for trying to take you from him, and him from you. I didn't know how deeply you actually cared for him." He said then I saw her eyes hard, calculating, meaning she didn't believe him but was trying to see if he was lying.

"Then why did you come in person?"

"Because I was in prison, I broke out. I couldn't call or email or anything, so in person was the only way. I'll go back, I promise, but I needed you to know I'm sorry. And as for you, Zak, I'm sorry for what I did to you as well. I didn't mean to scare you to the point of hurting her." He said then I felt my heart stop, looking at Lina and the guys. I hadn't told them that Kyle had threatened my family and I, that he was the reason I got angry at Lina and hurt her. I didn't tell them that I had hurt her to protect her.

"Zak?" Lina asked but I stepped in front of her and Aleck, guarding them.

"If you really mean it, turn yourself in." Then he grabbed a burner phone from his pocket, dialing a number.

"This is Kyle White, I'm done running. You can come find me in Black Hills, South Dakota. I'll be at the abandoned orphanage." He said then hung up, giving me the burner.

"Done, Mr. Bagans. Anything else you'd like from me before the police show up?" He asked then I glared.

"Tell them what you did to me." I commanded and he nodded.