Fourteen

"Evelina, when he hurt you years ago, I forced him to. I told him if he didn't hurt you and shove you away, I'd kill his family." He said then I looked at Zak, who looked like he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Billy asked then Zak looked at Kyle.

"I told him not to, or I'd hurt Lina." Kyle said then I grabbed Zak's hand, holding tight as I heard sirens.

"Lina, get Aleck in the car." Zak said then I turned, setting Aleck inside and buckling him. We all got in then I looked at Kyle as we drove off, seeing him giving us a smile as we left the orphanage.

"Do you believe him?" Aaron asked then I looked at Zak, who was driving.

"He wasn't lying about what he made me do, so why lie about this?" Zak asked as we got to the hotel then Aleck started screaming, making me turn.

"What's wrong?" I asked then saw Jay grab Aleck's bottle.

"He's hungry." I nodded then looked at Zak.

"Zak, you should have told us what Kyle had done-"

"I couldn't, not when he was threatening you. After Aleck, I was really scared and couldn't tell you." I nodded then we got out and I grabbed Aleck, taking his bottle from Jay.

"Thanks, Jay." He nodded then we all went upstairs, the guys following us into Zak's and my room.

"Zak, I'm gonna bathe Aleck then put him down." Zak nodded then I took Aleck to the bath, pulling his clothes off then held him as I turned the water on.

"Lina, here's a diaper for him." I turned and saw Aaron then smiled.

"Thanks, Aaron."

Zak's POV
I smiled as Aaron came back then Billy went over our spontaneous spirit box session.

"She seems shaken." Jay said and I nodded, laying back as I pulled my hat off.

"Yeah. She was expecting to never see him again, of course she's shaken." I mumbled then heard the water shut off.

"She's a good mother." I nodded then, a few minutes later, she came out with Aleck in her arms. I took him so she could get his pajamas but Aaron grabbed Aleck's pacifier and tossed it to me.

"Thanks." She smiled as Billy pulled his headphones off then looked at us.

"Lina, you didn't talk while holding Aleck when he was falling asleep on you, did you?" She shook her head as she stood straight then he nodded.

"Thought so." She gave me his pajamas then I laid him on the bed, keeping him guarded with my legs as I put his pajamas on. When I buttoned his outfit, I grabbed him then took his bottle, feeding him as Lina listened to the EVP Billy had.

"Its calling Aleck." Lina said then unplugged the headphones, letting us hear the breathy voice calling Aleck.

"So, it worked?" Jay asked then we nodded. I watched Lina grab Aleck then she laid in the other bed with him, Jay and Aaron coming to the bed I was on so that she could get Aleck to sleep. After about an hour, I noticed them both asleep and Billy came towards the bed I was on.

"Did you get it?" Aaron whispered and I nodded, showing them the picture Nick had sent me.

"He and Veronique got it for me, it's back at home with Gracie and Mina." I whispered then the guys quietly cheered.

"About time, man!" Jay whispered and I smiled, looking at the sleeping girl and my son.

"When Kyle threatened me, I didn't think I'd be here." I whispered then the guys nodded, smiling at me.

"Well, that's behind us now. Let's just get this lockdown over with and get you two engaged." I nodded then they left, leaving Lina and I with Aleck but I slipped into the other bed, holding her but Aleck was between us.

"Mm, Zak?" She mumbled then I smiled at her.

"Its okay, Lina. Get some sleep." She nodded then dozed back off, falling back asleep.