Two

I gasped as a little kid ran past me but caught the tray and laughed as he apologized for nearly knocking it down.

"You're fine. Just be careful, alright?" He nodded and went to the bathroom then I went to set the food and drinks down.

"LINA, YOU GOT A CALLER!" I turned and looked at Jessie then nodded and smiled at the family.

"Enjoy." I went to the kitchen then took the diner's phone and held it to my ear.

"Jessie's Diner, this is Lina-"

"Lina, it's Aaron. I know you don't care about him but Zak demanded we take him to you. Listen, you need to come home."

"Aaron?" I whispered then realized why I would need to come home.

"Tiny-"

"Lina, come home." He whispered and I dropped the phone, grabbed my things, and ran out to my car. I sped home then ran inside and saw Tiny whimpering as he laid on his bed.

"We... We called a vet, he said there was maybe an hour or two left in him." Billy said then I dropped next to my dog and grabbed his head.

"Tiny... I'm here, baby. I'm right here." I whispered and ran my hand over his fur then kissed his head as I laid my head on his side.

"I love you, baby. You can sleep, I promise. You have people waiting for you." I whispered and he lazily and weakly licked my hand then closed his eyes. When his side stopped moving, I closed my eyes and held his fur, crying into the cooling fluff.

"Evelina-"

"Don't, Jay." A voice whispered then a hand grabbed my shoulder and held tightly.

"We can-"

"I want him cremated." I sobbed and pet my dog, even if he couldn't feel it.

"I don't want him in the ground, not my baby." I whispered and took his collar off then held the tags.

"Not my Tiny." I breathed then held his collar close and Aaron hugged me as I sobbed.
•~•
"Here's his ashes, ma'am." I took the urn then held it close as Billy held my shoulder.

"Thank you." I breathed and he nodded then we left and got into the car but I held the urn close as I stared out the window. And unfortunately, a fourth was here that I'd rather not talk to.

"Li-"

"Zachary, don't you dare open your mouth right now." I hissed and he stopped then we got to my house and I set the urn on the mantle, putting the collar next to it.

"Goodbye, Tiny." I whispered and lightly touched the tag then went to my kitchen and got me a small snack as the guys sat in the living room. I went out then sat as far from Zak as humanly possible but it was still too close for me.

"Lina, I'm sor-"

"Why are you here? What, expect this to be a book or movie or whatever and have me come crawling back? Doesn't work that way, Zak." I snapped and he stopped then Aaron stepped up.

"Hey, let's calm down. He's here with us, he didn't even want to be here but we made him come. He's here not as your ex but as our coworker because we need to work today." He said and I glared at Zak.

"Then go work, get out." I hissed and Zak stormed out but Aaron sighed as he looked at me.

"Lina-"

"He hurt me both physically and emotionally, I won't stay near him." I snapped and went upstairs then slammed my door as they left. I climbed into bed then stood and went to my balcony as they left. Zak stopped and looked up at me but I glared as he eyed me then I turned my head as a tear betrayed me and fell down my cheek. You left him, Lina. You left after he hurt you, don't cry for him now. I took a deep breath and went inside then shut the doors and laid in bed, hugging Tiny's pillow and crying myself to sleep.