8 | Getting Over It

A/N: VOTE + COMMENT BBYS❤️🌺

Y'all, for the sake of the book let's just pretend Where Were You In The Morning was never put on the album, okay thanks. In this story he releases it as a single.

-

"And I hope you had a good reason, cuz I know you had a good time.. and I'm looking up at the ceiling and I keep wondering why...." Shawn sung passionately into the mic.

"Sounds Good Shawn, that's good for today!" Ryan spoke into another mic so shawn could hear through the sound proof glass.

Shawn nodded and took the headphones off and stepped out of the recording booth. He had a smile on his face, he had let a lot of emotion out in this song. He smiled, "Can we listen to the finished product?!" Shawn asked

Ryan nodded and pressed played, immediately the song started playing and a funky guitar riff filled the silence

"You said I wanna get to know ya.. why'd you go and get my hopes up?" Shawn's voice sung softly.

Shawn continued to bop his head to the song, it was different from the others. This one had a nice flow and something that was more happy and chilled out than his other songs. He was sure his fans would love this song.

The song eventually finished, Shawn had a smile on his face "This is amazing! We have to release it!" Shawn smiled at his team.

"Do you really want to release this song, especially after your guys' fight?!" Brian asked.

"Yeah...should I not?" Shawn asked, he didn't want to damage his friendship with Camila even more.

"I don't know, I mean she is probably going to find it offensive.." Geoff told him

"Why would it be offensive?" Shawn asked

"Because she clearly know it's about her?!" Geoff said l

"Okay, well her and you guys are the only ones who know. It's not like all of our fans will know. She can deal with it." Shawn told them strictly.

"Wow, you're really angry at her.." Andrew said

"I mean. I figure out that I slept with her through you guys. She could've had the decency to tell me or stayed that morning." Shawn told Andrew.

"Will you forgive her?" Teddy asked

"Eventually.." Shawn shrugged. "But let's forget about her, I want to release this on Friday!" Shawn said happily

"Friday? This Friday? That's in less than two days" Andrew exclaimed

"Yeah! This is who I am, this is how I feel. I might not feel like this in another month. This is how I feel now. So it should be released as soon as possible." Shawn explained

"Okay, Yeah.. it's been a long day. We should all head home! Shawn you're flying back to Canada tonight right?" Andrew asked

"Yup my flight leaves in three more hours, can't wait. It will be so good to he home.. fuck this week has been crazy." He laughed and everyone said their goodbyes. They probably wouldn't be seeing each other until his 2019 tour.

Shawn headed to his car and drove back to his hotel, he had already pack the night before so he didn't have to worry. He loved messing with his fans, he thought he should tease them and get them excited for this song, he opened Twitter, since the Grammys, Shawn wasn't active on social media. Everything that happened with Camila and this week being hectic, social media was the last place he wanted to be. Releasing a new song out of nowhere should be a great comeback.

@shawnmendes
Where Where You In The Morning? - soon

@shawnmendes
^lol I actually mean soon guys, I promise this time.

Shawn tweeted out, he was so excited to see fans reactions. He was so excited for this song to release, he knew when Camila saw his tweets she'd probably ask him why? and he'd give her a simple answer, because that's how he felt.

He already knew he had to get over the Cuban, it was obvious she didn't like him back, he spent four years trying to escape the friend zone, but nothing. He wasn't anything more to her, so why should she be more to him.

As Shawn scrolled through his twitter, he accidentally swiped and he entered his DM'S, he hated when that happened. But someone who was verified had texted DM'ed him. Her read the name, it rung a bell, but he couldn't place the name to a face.

'@Haileybaldwin'

Shawn clicked on the message. He still didn't have a clue who she was, although her last name was familiar 'isn't this Alec Baldwin's daughter?" He thought to himself

@haileybaldwin
Hey! I love your music, I thought we could meet up and have some coffee? I'm in Toronto in two days, I know you're Canadian lol

Shawn smiled, maybe he needed a new friend in his life. He loved meeting new people. He would love to meet her.

@shawnmendes
Awh, hahaha. Thank you! Yeah we should definitely meet up. I'm flying to Toronto tonight actually!

Shawn replied to her text, it didn't take long for her to reply.

@haileybaldwin
Wow, that lined up well! Congrats on your Grammys btw🌹 you totally deserve them.

@shawnmendes
Oh, tysm💕 this weeks been crazy..

@haileybaldwin
Yeah, you've been in the news a lot lately! You're killing it💕

@shawnmendes
I have been? Don't really keep up..

@haileybaldwin
Yeah, the internet can't really escape you. But who would want to, you're like totally gorgeous😍😂

@shawnmendes
Gorgeous?? Thanks hun, but look at yourself and then we can talk about who's gorgeous..

@haileybalwin
Stop😊

@shawnmendes
I rather not..🤗

@haileybalwin
Dork 😂❤️ I'll see you soon?

@shawnmendes
Soon.

Shawn smiled at his phone, he hadn't felt all warm and happy like this for awhile. He couldn't wait for him to meet her. He headed on Instagram. He found out the Hailey was a model, she was quite gorgeous and pretty. Scrolling a little further down her timeline. Shawn figured out she used to date Justin Bieber. He didn't really care to much about it. He decided he would give the model a follow.

He closed his phone knowing it was probably a good time to leave for his flight back home. He had three months off before tour and of course he was excited to get back onto the road, but he knew he deserve this break.

Shawn grabbed his bags and headed to down to the lobby and check out and waited for a cab to drive him to the airplane.

He couldn't wait to get back home..

A/N: here y'all go! Another chap for ya.

Now this might be the final update for awhile. I've been updating every day for eight days and let's say, that's the most I've ever done. And I have exams in like 2 months I think I don't know how high school works okay, I just wanna be prepared

But, enjoy this chap

Remember to vote and comment

Y'all probably hate that I brought Hailey into this💀 don't attack pls. Or do idrc

Till the next chapter dOOdZ🤠🖤