9 | Nice To Meet You

A/N: VOTES AND COMMENT BBYS💕

Thank you guys for the week long break!! I got my grades and I'm happy! I have two weeks off so expect a whole lot of updates!

-

Shawn Mendes sat alone in his Toronto condo, he finally came home and he was so happy, he got to relax, spend time with family and friends and just let loose a little.

As he sat down on his couch he had revived a random text, confused, he still tapped on the notification.  It opened his messages to an unknown number.

Random number:
Hey shawn! Xx

Shawn:
Uh, hi... you are??

Random number:
Hailey Xx

Shawn:
Oh, cool. You got my number how???

Hailey:
Oh, I met Taylor swift and you know..

Shawn:
Oh.. you still in Canada? We can go out drinks!

Hailey:
Yeah! Pick me up at 6?

Shawn:
Yup, see you then Xx

Shawn closed his phone, it was already 5 pm and he decided to go get dressed. He didn't know how this was going to go, he had only texted the model twice and even those conversation he was trying hard to make conversation, but this should be fun. He knew his fans would freak, but Shawn really didn't care.

Unfortunately, he needed to get Camila off his mind.. maybe he should start getting over her, he knew it was never going to happen. He hadn't talk to the Cuban in a couple of days and he honestly didn't feel like he wanted to talk to her anymore.

Shawn adored Camila and he still did, but everything that happened between them he didn't feel like going back to being friends would be okay. He knew his feelings for her were still clearly there, he knew seeing her or even talking to her would make his feelings for her even stronger.

Shawn dressed simple, black skinny jeans, a long sleeve, dark blue shirt and a leather jacket over top, it was December and in Canada there was already a lot of snow that had fallen.

Shawn had grabbed his car keys and headed to the bar where the two agreed to meet, it was a bar in downtown Toronto, it was one of Shawn's favourite places to go when he was home.

-

"Shawn?" He heard a high pitch voice behind him.

Shawn had arrived at the bar a couple minutes ago and had already started his search for the model, it was crowded and he didn't really see her, he barely even knew how she looked like.

Shawn turned around and came face to face with model, he smiled slightly "Hailey?" He responded

"Nice to finally meet you!" She said and immediately wrapped her arms around the boy, taken back at first shawn lightly hugged back.

"Yeah.." He said to her, it was still a little awkward.

Hailey pulled away from the hugged, Shawn looked at the ground not knowing what to say. It had grown awkward between the two.

'This is so boring.' Shawn thought to himself. He was at his favourite place in Canada, his favourite place to be, in his favourite bar, surrounded by people having fun and dancing, so shouldn't he be having fun, he couldn't, because no other girl was Camila.

"So..do you want anything to drink?" Shawn offered breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah!" Hailey said happily