Sequence 8: A Lecture From Ezio & A Promise

March 28, 2218,
Y/n's POV

I was relaxing on the roof of the abandoned house that Summer and I are currently living in. I was lying on the roof, enjoying the sound of crickets chirping as I was staring at the moon.

'Wonder what happened to the moon...'

But my peace and quiet was ruined when Ezio appears next to me.

Ezio: "Y/n..." he says. I noticed he sounded serious.

I tried to ignore him, but I knew it was pointless. So, I closed my eyes before letting out a sigh.

Me: "Yeah, Ezio?"

Ezio: "When will you forgive your family?"

Me: "...Could you not talk about that?" I asked, annoyed about the subject.

Ezio: "When will you stop fighting the past? Stop holding a grudge against them."

Me: "Why? You know what they did to me."

Ezio: "Sì. But what do you get out of holding onto the past? Nothing, there's no point in being mad at them forever. You're just making a fool out of yourself."

Me: "I'm not!"

Ezio: "Really?"

Me: "Look! I...I..." I stop talking, not knowing what to say.

Ezio: "That's what I thought. Instead of judging them for something they did in the past, judge them for what they're doing now. I know that it's something you might not want to do, but trust me, you'll be glad if you do. Besides, you don't even know their side of the story. Maybe they had a good reason. Maybe they were forced to do it. You don't know."

Me: "...Whatever...what do you know..." I mumble as I turn my body to the side to avoid looking at him.

Ezio: "What do I know? When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Like me, you have those now, but refuse to accept it."

Me: "..." I didn't know what he was trying to say. But I guess he wasn't done lecturing me since he continued.

Ezio: "I know many things, y/n. Like family. I know that family is something that's very important to everyone. And once you loose it, you'll never get it back. So instead of being angry at them, try to move on, enjoy the time that you can still have with them."

Me: "..."

Ezio: "Look, I'm not saying to forgive and forget, I'm saying to try to give them a second chance. Try to start over and move on. If you don't, you'll only be weighing yourself down."

Me: "...I'll...think about it." I finally reply.

Ezio: "Good. Tomorrow we'll continue your training."

No one's POV

With that, Ezio disappeared, leaving y/n alone on the roof. Y/n sits up and sighs.

Y/n: "Why is my life so difficult?" He asks himself before pulling out something from his pocket.

Y/n unsheathed a small knife, raising it to the moonlight as it reflects from the moon.