Sequence 11: The Lone Hacker

May 14, 2218,
??? POV

Ever since the little event that unfolded last night, I've been on the search for Beacon. I had no clue where it was due to never visiting the place before, but after a bit of researching, I found out that it was on its own island across the body of water in Vale.

I'm currently riding in a bullhead to there. I've been scrolling through my phone to find any other information that I think would be helpful when I get to Beacon. As I did, I guess I was too focused on my phone that I didn't hear the pilot yelling at me until I heard him yell, "Hey kid!", over his shoulder. I finally broke out of my concentration as I look up at him and shoved my phone away.

"Yeah?" I ask as I got up from my chair and walked over to him.

"We're almost at Beacon." He replies, "Prepare to get off in five."

I simply nod my head as I look out through the glass.

"By the way," I heard the pilot began "what kind of scroll you got? Never seen one like that before."

"..." I took a second to reply, not sure if I should tell him the truth or not, "...it was made by my father. He was screwing around with his old scroll since he broke it. So he made a new design for it."

"Really?" He seemed surprised, "That must take some real talent to pull something like that off. Is he an engineer?"

"...Was..." was all I said as I hid my eyes behind my cap.

The pilot was quiet for a moment. When he spoke up, I noticed dread filled his voice. "I'm sorry...did he-?"

"Yeah. 2 years ago." I said bluntly.

There was an awkward pause that came between us. "...We're here..." Was all he said.

I look up to see that we landed at Beacon. Behind me, a door opens up to let me out. As I began to take my leave, I guess the pilot wasn't done talking to me just yet.

"So why did you need a ride to Beacon? You don't look like the type to join."

I stopped walking when I reached the door. "You're right, I'm not here to join Beacon. I'm here to deliver a message to someone."

Before I could let him have a chance to reply, I jumped out of the bullhead. I when I landed, I looked up to the behemoth of a school ahead of me. I stood up and put up my mask above my mouth as I began walking towards the campus. I didn't feel bad for lying to the pilot, well, sort of lying. I only told half the truth. He didn't need to know everything.

Mini time skip

After wondering aimlessly around the campus for about 20 minuets, I noticed that whoever I walked passed by were whispering to one another as they stared at me. But I didn't bother to care to listen in on what they were saying about me. I was studying my phone as I hacked the cameras around campus to find the 'wizard's' office. After scrolling around a bit, I finally found the way to his office.

'About time.' I thought, 'I'm still confused about why someone would need a school the size of a castle for. And where they got the money to make it.'

But I disregarded that thought as I focused on seeing Ozpin. Then, I'll focus on y/n.

Time skip

Ozpin was his office, deep in his thoughts before rubbing his face. 'I think it's about time I talk to y/n.' He thought as he was about to get up before he received a message on his computer. Ozpin raised an eyebrow as he saw that it was a live feed in the elevator showing a person in it. But the figure was censored, hiding his identity. 'What in the world?'