Sequence 20: Finishing Unsettled Business (part 2)

No one's POV

"Are you two ready?" Aaron's voice broke y/n's thoughts.

Y/n snaps back to reality. He shook his thoughts out before looking at Aaron. He and Cardin nod. Aaron pulls out his pistol and aims it in the air as the two got into their battle positions. Y/n squeezes the grip of his sword as he steadies himself.

'I can't kill him, but I'll do my best to beat him!'

"Let the match begin!" He pulls the trigger.

After hearing the gun go off, y/n and Cardin charge at one another. When the two were close enough they clashed their weapons together. Sparks flew in all directions. Their weapons separate for a moment before clashing again. Cardin smirks as he saw y/n struggle to match his strength.

"Heh, what's wrong?" Cardin mocks. "Don't have the strength to beat me?"

Y/n grits his jaw. He jumps back several feet before charging again. Cardin swings his mace vertically as y/n came close. Y/n slides underneath it to avoid being hit. He rolls under Cardin and quickly got back up on his feet. He swings his sword several times at Cardin, who kept casually blocking each attack. Y/n tried to sweep Cardin off his feet with his leg. Unfortunately for him Cardin's leg was covered in armor. Cardin slams his mace into the ground, causing y/n to roll away. The ground cracks from Cardin's attack. Y/n saw this as a sweat drops off his forehead. He was about to attack but a sudden pain came rushing into his back. He winces as he tries to ignore the pain. He gets into a stance as Cardin rushes over.

"Dodge!" The voice of Ezio was heard from the audience.

"?!" Y/n took a quick glance to the source. He saw Ezio for a split second before feeling the end of Cardin's mace slamming into his face. He rolls back several feet from the hit before slowly getting up again. He growls as he felt his face burning. 'D-damnit!' He curses in his mind.

Cardin laughs as he continues to swing his mace. "What's wrong?! Why becoming defensive all of the sudden?!"

As the match continues, in the audience was y/n's siblings and Weiss Schnee, a member of RWBY, and a few other random students. Olivia notices the heiress sitting not too far from her and felt confused by her sudden appearance. She slowly scoots over to her, causing the Schnee to notice her.

"Olivia?" Weiss asks.

"Weiss? What are you doing here?" Olivia asks as she tried to take glances between the fight and her.

"I'm studying." Weiss replies.

"Studying?" Olivia tilts her head. "What do you mean?"

"I'm a little curious about your brother. We never spoke to one another in the past but I had seen him fight once or twice. He was sloppy and uncoordinated when he was still in Beacon. I know he was missing for several months so I'm curious if his fighting style has changed at all during that time."

"Oh..." Was all Olivia had to say. She didn't know how to reply, so she didn't and returned her attention to the match.

Y/n tumbles across the floor again. He forces himself back up as he pants heavily. Olivia noticed he was bleeding through several places and was bruised badly as well. He slowly raises his sword as he spat out blood to the side. Cardin on the other hand was completely fine and didn't show any signs of struggle. He had his mace resting on his shoulder as his other hand rests on his hip.

Cardin chuckles. "It seems like this match is over. You don't know when to give up."

Y/n growls before charging in again. Instead of running straight at Cardin, he ran behind him before attacking. Cardin was a second too slow as the first swing manages to hit his armor, causing sparks to fly out. He glances to where he was hit. Y/n took this opportunity to get several swings in, which he did successfully.