Sequence 18: Goodbye?

No one's POV

It's been several minutes since y/n and Aaron left Ozpin's office. He and Aaron went their separate ways for now to do their own thing.

Right now y/n was standing outside of his dorm room. He had the door open but he didn't enter it just yet. He felt old horrible memories flood his head as he stares into the room. But he forced himself to let those not distract him right now as he shook his head. The sun was setting and he needed to leave soon. He took a deep breath before stepping into the room.

"Almost done." He whispers as he closed the door behind him.

He turns on the lights into the room. To his surprise most of his stuff in his room was where he left it. Though some things like his bed and some clothes were made and folded. His bed was neat as his school clothes were folded on it, as if waiting for him to come back.

He went to the wall on his right and opened his closet. He looks around for a small bit before finding an old black bag lying on the ground. He picks it up and opens it, checking if it was empty. Seeing nothing in it, he turns back to his room and began searching for anything he may need or want.

After several minutes of tearing his room apart y/n found himself standing by his door, his bag filled with notes, clothes, and other stuff he owned. He opens the door and was about to walk out but stops. He looks back at his room one more time, seeing if he missed anything. As he stares, the bad memories began to fill his mind. Before it could get worse he shook it off and walks out, hoping to never return to that room ever again.

After several minutes of walking around the dorm building, y/n stops right in front of a different dorm room. He stares at it for a moment, a small smile grew on his face. He knocks on it lightly. A moment passes before the door opens, showing a confused Ruby in her regular attire standing behind it. She was surprised when she saw the person knocking was y/n.

"Y/n?" Ruby asks before becoming worried about something. "Where've you been?! You left a few days ago and didn't come back! What happened?!"

Y/n rubs the back of his neck and lets out a nervous chuckle. "H-hey, Ruby. I've been places. Mostly around Vale."

"But why?! You've been skipping school!"

A nervous drop of sweat drops off his forehead. "Well....about that..."

Before y/n could continue, Yang and Blake came to the door, standing behind Ruby.

"Y/n?" Blake asks.

"Hey, Blake." Y/n greets with a small wave. "It's been a while."

A smile forms on Blake's lips. Though the two weren't close or anything, the two have chatted for a while. They were usually reading partners when y/n was still at Beacon, reading whatever the two felt like together.

"No kidding." Yang steps in, crosses her arms. "What's up?"

Seeing Yang made y/n's face turn red. He felt his heart race as he looks into her beautiful purple eyes. He quickly looks away from her to try hiding his embarrassment. "N-not much..."

"Where have you been?" Blake steps in front of her teammates. "Do you have any idea how much school you've missed?"

Y/n steps back in surprise. His blush disappears as he raises his arms up.

"Y-Yeah. I know I missed a lot of school, but it wasn't my fault!"

"Oh, really?" Blake says. "Then what?"

"I...!" Y/n was about to explain what has happened to him over the few months, but Aaron's voice echos in his head.

"This also means that once you step out of Beacon, you won't ever have your normal life ever again. You'll be considered an enemy to the Templars, which you already are, and a potential traitor to the Creed. You'll be constantly putting your life at risk for others and you will have to keep everything a secret from any of your friends you have."