Sequence 15: Everything is Permitted (part 2)

No one's POV

Silence filled the air. Y/n continues to glare at his father, Scott, as he clenched his fists tightly. Behind y/n, Ezio was leaning against a wall, watching the scene before him carefully.

"Father..." Y/n mutters venomously.

Scott simply smiles. He began to make his way towards the stairs. Y/n saw his father was walking with a cane resembling an eagle.

As he did, he began to start a conversation: "How long is it been since I've seen you? A year perhaps?"

"..." Y/n remained quiet as he watched his father reach the bottom of the stairs. He felt his blood boil as his father was walking towards him.

"What's wrong, son?" Scott said as he tried to reach out to his son. "Don't you like-?"

Scott tried to place his left hand on y/n's shoulder. But before he could y/n steps back and activates his wrist blade, pointing the tip of the blade at Scott's neck a mere inch away. Scott smirks as he saw the pure rage in y/n's face, enjoying the sight.

"QUIT STALLING!" Y/n demands viscously. "Why did you want to talk to me?! If all you wanted to do to waist my time and piss me off, I say you've done a perfect job!"

Scott still smirks, irritating y/n more. Scott simply lifts his arms up in defeat. Y/n hesitatingly deactivates his blade and the two lower their arms, but y/n was still mad at his father.

"I see you've found Ezio's gear." Scott said calmly, acting as if he wasn't fazed by almost dying. "Fascinating. I'm guessing he filled you in on what he knows about the Creed, right?"

Y/n was taken aback. Ezio raises an eyebrow. Y/n couldn't believe his father would so calmly change the subject. "How...how did you know about that?" He says nervously.

Scott began walking towards one of the chairs in the room as he turns his head towards his son. "Hmm? About Ezio or the Creed?"

"About Ezio. No one can see him except-."

"Except for you?"

"?!"

Scott lets out a chuckle once he made it to the chair and sat in it, facing y/n. "Lucky guess." He got in a comfortable position and placed his cane to the side. "But the whole 'you-seeing-Ezio-thing' is..." He pauses, trying to find the right words. "It's...difficult to explain..." He took a deep breath before continuing. "You see...there's a slim chance- about 5%, that one who has assassin blood is able to see their ancestors."

Y/n moves his mouth to say something, but Scott puts his hand up to stop him.

"I know that it sounds ridiculous, I once thought that too, but it has happen before. A lot, actually. No one knows why. But I think it's because at one point, both the person and their ancestor must have been near or have had contact with a Piece of Edin once in their lives."