Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Mangle's P.O.V.

I awoke to stomping in the hallway, followed by pounding on my bedroom door.

I could hear father screaming from the hallway to, "GET UP YOU FUCKING USELESS SLUT!"

I groaned, rolling over, and grabbed my phone from my nightstand. Pressing the power button caused me to be greeted by multiple texts from my friends from Michigan, my old home. Most of them were from Toy Chica, my best friend since seventh grade. She acted like a popular girl, yet was never considered a tryhard or a mimic. She was sassy, and there were quite a few people who had crushes on her, both boys and girls, with even a few non-binary folk The others were from Toy Bonnie and Toy Freddy. Toy Chica, or as I liked to call her, Chi, met them both in the middle of eighth grade. Toy Bonnie was your stereotypical dumb teenager, always taking dares and just being a funny asshole. Toy Freddy on the other hand, was like the little brother of the group. No one wanted him around, but he stayed nonetheless.

I unlocked my phone, and read through the messages. It looked like the three of them had stayed up almost all night, gossiping. It was almost funny, since if I didn't move, I would've been up with them. I smiled, missing them.

My father screamed again, "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! ARE YOU DEAF? GET THE FUCK UP!"

"Coming!" I shouted in reply.

I wasn't exactly sure why he bothered to get me up in the morning, since he hated me and my brother's guts. He probably only does it so we can get better jobs, to make more money for him to spend on his alcohol problem. I had never quite cared about school, I only went to get a job, so I don't starve. My father spent all of his money on drink, leaving barely anything for me and Foxy to live on. Hell, we were lucky if he ever gave us anything. We were living off of free lunch at school, and food stamps. My father was barely ever employed, generally getting fired for showing up drunk, or stealing alcohol.

I sighed, stood up, and walked over to one of the piles of boxes in the corner of my room. I looked at the boxes, searching with my eyes for one of the two boxes labelled clothes. I found it, and opened it, grabbing a knee length, white lace dress, that still had the tags on it, I bought it a couple days ago when Toy Chica and I went on a going away shopping spree, that she had kindfully treated me to. I set it on my bed, and started looking for a pair of scissors. I quickly found a pair, which had either dried blood or rust on them. We'll say that it's rust...... I cut the plastic thing holding the tags on the dress. I took off my nightgown and tossed on the dress. Throwing my nightgown onto my bed, I grabbed my combat boots and my phone, and walked into the bathroom.

I ripped the brush through my short, almost-white hair. I brushed my teeth, and grabbed my makeup bag out of the medicine cabinet. I pulled out my concealer, and dabbed it onto my wrists and under my eyes. I had almost permanent eye bags, which could be accredited to a lack of sleep, and stress, among other things. I also put of a bit of pink lipstick. I looked in the mirror, and I didn't look like absolute crap. I didn't look great, but I never did. I was always a not-so-hot mess. I tossed the makeup back in the bag, and put it away. I then grabbed my anti-depressants, and took one. I put the rest in my backpack when I walked back into my bedroom. I made sure everything for my first day at a new school was ready. I was dreading having to show up to a new school in the middle of the year.I wasn't excited for this, in any way.

I walked downstairs, to see Foxy, sitting on the couch watching t.v. while rummaging through his backpack,and my father drinking from an almost empty bottle of beer. He glared at me, and I wasn't sure what emotion I could see in his eyes, but I interpreted it as disgust.I turned on my phone, to see that it was almost 7:15 a.m.

"Foxy! The bus is supposed to be here in around 3 minutes. We have to go." I said, nudging his arm.

"Lass, do ye 'ave to do that?" Foxy asked, annoyed.. He jammed whatever he was holding back into the bag and zipped it up.

"Fine, but we have to go..." I said.

He stood up, and grabbed his backpack. I walked out of the front door. Foxy was a bit behind me, but he wasn't too far behind.. We walked down to the corner, and waited for the bus.

"Lass, why are ye so excited?" he asked quietly once we were at the stop.

"I'm not" I responded. "Not at all."