Chapter 17

Mangle's P.O.V.

I awoke with a start, slightly disoriented. I was sitting in the passenger seat of Springtrap's car, which was pulled over to the side of the road.

I unlaced my hand from his, and pulled my phone out of my purse. I turned it on, and was . bombarded with about 50 missed texts, and 20 missed calls. Oh boy. This'll be fun. The calls were all from Foxy, while the texts were from Foxy and Bonnie mostly, with a few from Chica.

They were asking where I was, getting more frantic the more unanswered messages were sent. The latest ones had been from about 2 hours ago, and were from Foxy.

    Foxy: Where the fuck are you??

          You've been gone for going on 14 hours!

              I'm going to file a missing persons report if you don't fuckin answer

I shook Spring's shoulder, trying to wake him up. He stirred slightly, but there was virtually no response. I shook him again, but to no avail. I decided to call Foxy, and explain what happened.

I pressed Foxy's contact, then pressed the call button and moved my phone to my ear. He picked almost right away.

"What the fuck!? I thought ye were dead!" He answered frantically.

I giggled nervously. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I don't know where I am though."

"Were ye kidnapped?" he asked anxiously.

"No, Spring pulled the car over, and we ended up falling asleep." I sighed. "And before you ask, no, we didn't fuck."

I could hear him sigh, disappointment staining his tone when he spoke.

"Lass, ye had me scared half ta death. Bonnie and Chica were worried, too."

He sighed again, but he didn't say anything. I heard a beep and it took me a few seconds to notice he ended the call. I shook Spring's shoulder again and said his name. He finally woke up, then groaned and pushed my arm away. I glared at him slightly.

I sighed and said, "Spring, come on.. It's late,", I look down at my phone and click the power button, "almost 11am."

He sat up, groaned and said through a yawn, "It's really that late? Damn,"

"Yeah," I stopped for a minute, then remembered what happened 2 seconds ago, "Oh, and Foxy was convinced I got kidnapped. I mean, it wasn't the most irrational thought, but still."

He got up, rubbed his eyes and said softly, "We'd better get you home, then."

I suddenly got a chill, so I pulled my jacket closer to me, the soft, worn fabric providing minimal amount of heat. I blushed softly at his tone.

"I-I.. uh I.. don't th-think I want to go, uh, home...", I trailed off, looking towards the window.

"What's wrong?", Spring asked, concern in his voice as he tilted his head slightly.

"U-uh; nevermind. It's fine..." I trailed off again, focusing on the window.

"You know," he sighed. "My parents probably don't really want me home right now anyway. Let's just, I don't know, find something to do."

"O-okay," I stammered, tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear.

"We can stop at your house first, just so you can change. Okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. That's fine. Let's go." I answered, my voice slightly quivering at the end.

Spring didn't seem to notice, since he turned the key and started driving. We got to my house within 10 minutes., during which we didn't talk. He turned into my driveway, and I got out, waving to him as I walked away. Opening the door, I was greeted by the stench of stale beer. I turned my head from side to side, but my father was nowhere to be found. I couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from, so I shrugged it off and walked upstairs.

Springtrap's P.O.V.

I looked at my phone screen, expecting at least one or two calls or texts from my parents, but there was nothing. I didn't generally do anything like this, but my parents were probably still pissed at me. Oh well. I sent a quick text to my mom.

Me: Don't expect me to come home until tonight.

I turned my phone off and sighed. I looked towards Mangle's house, and it looked almost sad. I couldn't place why, but it seemed like something unsavory was happening inside. Maybe it was the bits of shattered glass that littered the lawn. Maybe it was the empty bottles by the door. Maybe it was the seemingly abandoned apartment next door to Mangle's. I wasn't sure, but I wasn't going to ask. Mangle asked me not to pry, so I wasn't planning on it. She walked back out around 15 minutes later, wearing leggings, a t-shirt, and a sweat jacket. She walked up to the passenger side door and opened, getting in.

Mangle's P.O.V.

"Alright. I'm ready. Where are we going?" I quipped.

I'm so disgustingly fake. He fucking hates me. This clearly will end soon, so I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

"Either Starbucks or Tim Hortons. Your choice. I just need coffee." he answered tiredly.

"I mean, I've never heard of Tim Hortons, so I guess Starbucks?" I replied.

"Meh. It isn't much. It's just a kind of cheap coffee and donut chain around here." he stated.

"But I still don't have money," I trailed off.

"Hey, listen. It's fine. My parents won't notice that they're down a few bucks. I got it." he reassured.

It didn't feel right that I couldn't pay for anything, but at least he understood. Unlike my ex. No. You promised yourself you wouldn't think about them. Stop. I shook my head, trying to ignore the memories swimming around in my skull. One was pulled to the front of my brain however. I couldn't help but remember it.

~Flashback~

"Mangle listen." they said, resting their hand on her shoulder.

"Wh-what's going on?" she asked, concern cutting her tone like a knife.

"I'm going to be blunt. I'm breaking up with you." they responded.

"Wh-what's? N-no, you're j-joking, right?" she asked, tears pricking the corners of her eyes and obscuring her vision slightly.

"I'm not. You have too much emotional baggage, and I'm done dealing with it." they replied as they walked away.

"N-no! W-wait!" she choked out through her sobs. She received no reply however, as they continued walking away. She stood, unmoving, in the middle of the path, as she watched them walk away and out of her life.

~Flashback over~

"You sure?" I asked, my voice quivering from the memory.

"Yeah. Let's go." he said as he started the car and drove away from my house.

~Time Skip~

Almost 6 hours after I had last been home, I was on my way back. Spring and I had spent literally the whole time at Starbucks, talking while drinking hot chocolate and coffee. The car pulled into my driveway, so I got out, parting Spring with a kiss on the cheek. I walked into my house, and immediately walked into my bedroom. It was trashed. The contents of boxes and drawers were scattered everywhere. I took a step forward, and heard something crunch under my foot. I lifted up my foot to see it. The remains of my money jar, shattered on the ground, with no money to be found. I sighed, and walked to the hallway closet to grab a broom and dustpan. I grabbed them, swept up the glass, and threw it out. I put the broom and dustpan back, then walked back into my bedroom. I took off my shoes and crawled into bed, not bothering to eat, change, or take a shower. I was too done to care.